Paul Turk resigns

Weird that we are ‘replacing him with internal people’. Surely the resignation of a senior person would require a reshuffle and at least the hiring of new up and coming junior.

2 Likes

You know what thought thought, …

1 Like

Hmmm so we’re not replacing the fitness boss - is this the club being tight, again, or was the guy doing so little that there’s no need to replace him? Timing of the announcement is bizarre.

4 Likes

Geez you lot take a tin foil hat to everything.

5 Likes
  1. CREATE HIGH PERFORMANCE PEOPLE CULTURE
5 Likes

A fitness coach “leaves” after we get annihilated by 72 points and get run off our legs. It’s not exactly “tin foil” stuff.

4 Likes

How’s the coaching staff salary cap going?

1 Like

Could they have used a more effeminate picture of Darcy?

2 Likes

its a barrett article. of course they had to

1 Like

Except he resigned 6 weeks ago.

1 Like

I think the idea we fired him is tin-foil hat stuff (still worthy of a joke or two given the Neale experience last year). The question marks on why we didn’t/haven’t sought to replace him, when we’ve known for six weeks, are pretty valid (IMO).

1 Like

“Hey Paul you know how after your Xmas break to the Gold Coast you were chatting about moving there one day. Now about that…”

5 Likes

Results look like he’d already left 6 weeks ago…

4 Likes

Interesting one for our fitness and conditioning staff

We had Weapon flog the players in preseason thus cooking them in season proper with continual injuries

We’ve obviously had JD’s issues and year off footy a very big deal in the whole scheme of things for club from last year

Perhaps they have been too conservative then and did not work the players hard enough in preseason.

Shiels comments about the difference between two clubs training seems to be spot on.

Heat certainly would have been a factor on weekend. But one team clearly coped with it better, their fitness and ability to push harder all day was streets ahead of ours.

We also seemingly got outrun in the JLT’s

The timing of this from Turk is all too convenient really. And optics/PR spin rife in th AFL land.

As per with Neeld…

1 Like

I’d have thought the main role of a conditioning coach would be to… you know… condition the players to make sure they’re in peak condition for the season.

It’s a wild assumption I know but still… if I’m correct in my assuming I’d put that down as a fail of momentally epic proportions…

2 Likes

Oh you big old cynic.

Watch for all the contract extension announcements if we lose next week.

1 Like

■■■■■■■ horse ■■■■.

Nobody has ‘aspirations to live on the Gold Coast’.

■■■■■■■ clowns.

5 Likes

Want some real tin foil ideas? Maybe they’re freeing up cap space to pay out Woosha’s contract :astonished:

*joke

1 Like

Nobody moves to Queensland willingly

10 Likes

Hi Lance
Have you had a change of heart about the coach mate?
If so fully understandable