Paws, claws, feathers and fins

more pics please :smiley:

They’re selfies to you aren’t they?

5 Likes

A couple of after hours locals I recently spotted while walking along our driveway

5 Likes

Hello Handsome!

Surprise visitor.

8 Likes

this covers paws and claws and is… scary

They’re a magnificent looking bird.

:open_mouth:

parrots chatting

1 Like

that’s one lucky kitten

5 Likes

I’ll forego the various puns here. This echidna buried itself in the wrong place today, right next to the busy access road to the Stony Point pier. Try as people might with gentle prodding it just wasn’t shifting. Hope it’s buggered off unscathed.

3 Likes

Echidna? No, no, it’s being serious.

While I’m at it, if you’re down this way and looking for something to do, the lagoon at Coolart in Somers is full for the first time in years and the Sacred Ibis are nesting. Should be quite a sight and sound in a few weeks when the youngsters emerge. The swamp harriers are hanging around too…naturally.

It was dry as a bone a few months ago.

7 Likes

Good to see. We have had a shitt tonne of Rain in the last few Months in West & Sth Gippsland… Haven’t been able to mow the Lawn for weeks.

And the hills feeding the best Dairy Cows and Cattle in the World haven’t looked as Green for a long time now Spring is kicking in. Fk they’re fat. :laughing:

Tawny chick crisis. Mum’s been sitting on the nest for ages in a backyard tree but this morning I spotted her in a different perch with the hubby…and this is why. The chick, who must have come out from under her last night, has fallen out and is sitting on a garden bed sleeper staring up at her anxious folks. Wildlife rescue recommend we try to get the chick back into the tree in a small bucket or something. I’m on the lookout for butcher birds etc and waiting for my better half to get back before attempting it. Very stressful. Happened to some people nearby a while ago and we’re trying to contact them to see exactly what they did.

3 Likes

That’s a big bin!

Fingers crossed.

12 Likes

For what it’s worth, you’re doing the right thing. It’s quite possible the parents won’t come for the fledgling til dark, so don’t get too stress quite yet…

1 Like

Mum’s back which is a positive. I was worried I had the makeshift nest too low in the tree, maybe 3 metres, but I couldn’t get it any higher.

10 Likes

3m should be fine.

1 Like

For those interested the chick has climbed out of the pot and is perched on the rim after a pretty cold night. Hopefully that is a positive and Mum is still nearby as can be seen. Bit stressful this surrogate guardian caper.

13 Likes