Personal Anomalies % Foibles

You should try using the other hand occasionally.

1 Like

Or get a manager, and stop handling himself.

Iā€™m right handed, but I find my left hand and arm are far stronger than my right.

1 Like

Heavily dominate on my right foot but have scored 90% of my soccer goals off the left.

1 Like

I throw and kick a ball with my left, but favour my right for pretty much everything else.

1 Like

When I skate, I skate ā€˜mongoā€™ which is uncommon and mocked by skaters who push regular

Mongo

Regular

Iā€™m struggling to see the difference.

With mongo are you just further towards the end of the board, whereas normally people stand on the centre of the board?

1 Like

Top one is mongo

The left foot heā€™s pushing with will end up in the front of the board

With the bottom one, heā€™s pushing with his RIGHT (edit) foot which will end up on the back of the board.

Regular

I play Chess left handed but am right handed, thatā€™s possibly the reason Iā€™m not good at Chess

3 Likes

I push off with my left but take a Goofy stance.

Thatā€™s normal though.

This is excellent. My 9yo wanted a skateboard and I found one at salvos yesterday for $25 Looks like a decent board (Sideways pro model), but I canā€™t skate and donā€™t know which foot goes where.

You can skate either way, but any kid starting these days can probably skate ā€˜switchā€™ stance too. Just like footballers should use both sides of their body.

Great work on the cheap skateboard hookup. Such a great sport.

Edit: and learning to push using your back foot is probably gonna be easier for balance. All of your weight is above both trucks and the whole board and easier to get that back foot onto the board.

Mongo pushing all the weight is the rear truck and harder to control.

Of course you could just find the biggest hill in your area, no need to push.

Phewā€¦

coughā€¦ e-board.

Hey, itā€™s a type of skating.

I was probably being too harsh.

Get the buzz, balance and scar tissue from it, can always upgrade to the real deal. Human powered.

Iā€™m right handed and right footed but lead with my left foot and hence thatā€™s why I water ski left foot forward and have done since I was 5 years old. I can kick a football off both sides but that was pretty much a non negotiable coming through the ranks. I can throw left handed but probably at only about 70% power and accuracy of my right but I play 8 ball mainly with my left.
After a bad cricket injury that shattered my thumb and had me in a cast for months I had to learn how to write left handed which was letā€™s say interesting to start with but I still do it from time to time now just in case and itā€™s not too bad but only in regular (never could get cursive left handed down pat)

My mother wrote left handed. She was raised for a while in St. Catherineā€™s a Catholic orphanage in Geelong. The nuns said that being left handed was a sign of the devil, and repeatedly hit her for writing wit left hand, forcing her to learn how to write with her right hand. That was one of the reasons she sent my sister and l to a state school instead of a Catholic one.