Petition to the Senate

Depends on which Senators get on the relevant Estimates Committee. If Back and Di Natale stay on the Health portfolio committee - and if LNP forms government with Szelja as chair -I doubt they would let up on Ben. I live in hope that an ALP Senator on the committee steps up. Will have to see how the election pans out before lobbying. There is also the NIC enquiry to consider if it gets revived.

John Faine had Gerald Hately on his radio show today talking sport and a caller asked which way EFC should go in the draft. Hately said he has no interest in Essendon! Faine gave his opinion and made an oblique reference to the suspended players.The caller suggested the Swiss court won’t decide until after the season but Faine went on to say he wasn’t so sure. He said he knew something but couldn’t say what. Make of it what you will.
It couldn’t possibly happen that any suspension could be extended, could it? Could it?

Hately is a slime. It wasn’t only what he said but the way he said it.

If I could say c properly I would call Hately an unmitigated bunt.

RIP Madigan. Can we aim at the Greens now.

Sorry, put this in the wrong thread.

Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but I would have thought any Senate Committee / Inquiry / Questioning would carry over regardless of which senators fill the seats. I also don’t imagine any of the other Senators would be any more inclined to put up with a public servant telling them no, you can’t have what you asked for.

Standing Committees, such as Estimates, continue, although composition of committee may change. Other committees, such as the NIC enquiry, lapse, although ■■■■ went to efforts to encourage its renewal by issuing an interim report.

The caller suggested the Swiss court won't decide until after the season but Faine went on to say he wasn't so sure. He said he knew something but couldn't say what. Make of it what you will. It couldn't possibly happen that any suspension could be extended, could it? Could it?

Faine would be inferring the appeal will be happening much sooner than that which is what I had heard also.

Majority of players overseas to escape media circus once verdict handed down whichever way it falls.

Can’t imagine it will take more than five minutes.

The caller suggested the Swiss court won't decide until after the season but Faine went on to say he wasn't so sure. He said he knew something but couldn't say what. Make of it what you will. It couldn't possibly happen that any suspension could be extended, could it? Could it?

Faine would be inferring the appeal will be happening much sooner than that which is what I had heard also.

Majority of players overseas to escape media circus once verdict handed down whichever way it falls.

they can’t extend the suspension they can only rule that the case should not have gone ahead in the first place because the afl & wada changed the rules of appeal half way through the case

Yep.

Either remain guilty, or got off on a technicality in public and ASADAs eyes.

Which is bullshit as technically ASADA should have had its case thrown out a 2nd time after the AFL tribunal did it first time around so it never even got to CAS.

Most important thing is players know they’re not guilty…

Most important thing is players know they're not guilty...
No its not, the most important thing is that they are found to have been shafted by:
  1. The AFL
  2. The AFL ■■■■ sucking media
  3. The Australian Govt, both Libs and Labour…all imbeciles
  4. The WADA / CAS / ASADA / IOC group of self interested foreign lying, arsewipes
  5. John Fahey…he is at the bottom of all this (gut feel)

And that any previous finding of guilt is a perversion of truth and justice

THAT IS WHAT IS MOST IMPORTANT

Fark Carlton

Crameri checked substances. Why would ASADA/WADA and then CAS claim no one checked?

13 JUL 2016 — In February 2012, when Essendon players were asked to sign consent forms for the administration of four substances, including the thymosin peptide at the centre of ASADA’s doping case, Crameri took the form home to his mum. Together, mother and son researched the various substances and checked their status on the WADA website.

Mandy Crameri, former schoolteacher from the Victorian country town of Maryborough, explains:

“ASADA made sweeping assumptions that the 34 players and their families did not check the substances on the list of supplements provided for the players on the 2012 EFC players list”.

“Although, in 2012 there was only scant evidence available, I made a google search of general information and academic papers, there was still enough information about thymosin (thymomodulin) for me to think it was fairly harmless. My thinking centred around how it helped with recovery, and it protected the stomach lining (there was concern about how previous meds used for recovery were very destructive in the long term). So in this regard, I thought Dank was being proactive and using an enlightened approach to help the players recover after each game”.

“There was one specific week between two games, from the Carlton game to the Anzac Day Clash with a short recovery time, I think it was four or five days- this was of most concern to me, and I felt the AFL should have shown a greater duty of care about how bodies need at least six days to recover from one game until the next. I can remember thinking, I am glad they (Dank and the club) are undertaking effective means to bring about a healing state”.

“I still stand by the assumption today, that thymomodulin was used, and it was not or is not on the WADA banned list. I still believe in the innocence of the the 34 today, and after all the information that has been released, I cannot see any evidence that Thymosin Beta 4 was ever used, purchased, procured or administered”.

“Truth is always truth, and will stand up eventually for what it is in this situation. You cannot prosecute without truth, so we will see how the future determines ASADA versus Essendon FC 34, 2012”.

In February 2012, the Crameri family searched for ‘thymosin’ which they knew to be Thymomodulin. Thymomodulin is an immunity booster that can be safely given to babies and is legal for athletes to use. Four months later, ASADA made exactly the same inquiries. On 3 July 2012, ASADA Science and Results Manager Dr Steven Watt sent an email to WADA. It reads:

“I wanted to inquire if WADA had considered the prohibited status of a drug Thymomodulin, also known as thymosin”.

Source: See attached, page numbered 2 https://www.asada.gov.au/sites/g/files/net126/f/Josh%20O’dea%20-%20TB4%20correspondence%20-%20released%20documents.pdf

During the investigation into the Essendon Football Clubs supplements program in 2012, ASADA obtained sworn statements from Jobe Watson and Dean Robinson confirming the presence of Thymomodulin. ASADA investigators found a Thymomodulin vial; a spreadsheet; and a post bye supplements program all evidencing the use of Thymomodulin. Mr Chip LeGrand, sports journalist from The Australian reported Dank had spoken to Dr Peter Fricker, a former director of the Australian Institute of Sport about Thymomodulin in April 2012. LeGrand reported in November 2012, Dank again discussed the use of Thymomodulin as an immune response booster with both Dr Fricker and David Kenley, the chief executive of Metabolic Pharmaceuticals. “Fricker felt that Stephen was really on to something using Thymomodulin as an immune response booster”. ASADA investigators also obtained text messages from Dank discussing using Thymomodulin to help Melbourne Football Club player Trengrove.

Do you see a pattern?

No one, including Crameri, Dean Robinson, Kenley, and possibly many others had ever heard of Thymosin Beta 4 until ASADA claimed ‘thymosin’ was Thymosin Beta 4.

Further, contrary to Mandy Crameri’s statements above, ASADA/WADA wrongly argued at the Court for Arbitration of Sport (CAS) that no player made further inquiries about ‘thymosin’ before they gave written consent to be injected with it and therefore, inter alia, the players must be guilty.

“Truth is always the truth, and it will stand up eventually for what it is in this situation” Mandy Crameri.

Please read, consider, and sign this petition. If you have already signed, please share this petition using any of the links below.

Thank you truthfully for your support.

i can’t read that stuff.

Drives me mental.

“Truth is always the truth, and it will stand up eventually for what it is in this situation” Mandy Crameri.

#standbyMandy

Oh that simmering rage has just had petrol poured on it again

This also backs up Danks claim that the consent forms came with supporting info about each of the substances, because the consent forms themselves only said Thymosin.

And yet Amanda and Stew clearly knew to be searching for Thymomodulin not TB4.

Farkin’ farce !!!

These facts have been well known for years to anyone who bothered to look or was not part of the witch hunt.

The way the club handled the matter from the start by ignoring these matters is infuriating - the powers that be were more interested in obtaining a PR outcome than justice which in the end resulted in a PR outcome that was disastrous and no justice.

No wonder we pay these consultants so much money - They are geniuses.

Gillard is now in her third term as PM.

i can't read that stuff.

Drives me mental.

Please, will you sign it.

Signed

Ley keeps Sport in her portfolio. I imagine it will take some time before composition of relevant Senate Committees is sorted.

signed