Petition to the Senate

https://twitter.com/thegovernorsm/status/816951924285026306
Actually makes sense considering the media guns are pointed his way. What better way to avert attention from your party's abysmal performance (ala Gillard) than having an enquiry that discredits your opposition.
Actually makes sense considering the media guns are pointed his way. What better way to avert attention from your party's abysmal performance (ala Gillard) than having an enquiry that discredits your opposition.

Naive - It will also discredit the Turnbull Government - No major party has anything to gain.

Labor has a lot more to lose I reckon, as they were there when it started and it was Labor who strong-armed the AFL into signing up with WADA.

While Libs have not helped, and Ley was right amongst it; just like the Royal Commission into Unions, Turnbull could use it to his advantage. And both sides have form on creating distractions when in trouble in the polls.

Naive - It will also discredit the Turnbull Government - No major party has anything to gain.
Unless, PM Turnbull thinks he is on the way out and he has nothing to lose. Or, maybe its the injustice of the whole affair and its loss of integrity it would be a beautiful parting shot at the Labour Party.

Turnbull still has to convince his party - Easier said then done.

If Ley goes out of the cabinet permanently, the chances of support for a senate enquiry will greatly increase IMO. I personally know someone in the cabinet and he is a FB friend. I have been messaging him info for a couple of year over the saga. The need to protect Ley will evaporate if she goes…

Unless, PM Turnbull thinks he is on the way out and he has nothing to lose. Or, maybe its the injustice of the whole affair and its loss of integrity it would be a beautiful parting shot at the Labour Party.

Turnbull still has to convince his party - Easier said then done.

Labor has a lot more to lose I reckon, as they were there when it started and it was Labor who strong-armed the AFL into signing up with WADA.

While Libs have not helped, and Ley was right amongst it; just like the Royal Commission into Unions, Turnbull could use it to his advantage. And both sides have form on creating distractions when in trouble in the polls.

I agree with what you are saying but from memory I thought it was Rod Kemp a Howard minister who did the deal with Demetriou for the AFL to come under WADA.

I pose you a question - No-one has satisfactorily answered why the Liberal Government ordered Justice Downes to review ASADA’s investigation - And no-one has ever seen Downes report - It’s obvious that the Liberal Government interfered in ASADA’s investigation which is a No-No in the Anti-Doping world - Doubt the Lib’s want this to be publically released.

At the same time there is always a chance that a circuit breaker causes a Senate Enquiry - Will say a Senate Enquiry needs a wide terms of reference.

Signed the petition today. This needs to happen

Thank you Hurley’s left boot.

If you’re willing to do this, perhaps you’re willing to go a little further.

Here is the link to a one click (and you’re done) email to send to the Senators :slight_smile:

Thank you Hurley’s left boot.

If you’re willing to do this, perhaps you’re willing to go a little further.

Here is the link to a one click (and you’re done) email to send to the Senators :slight_smile:

https://www.change.org/p/senator-richard-di-natale-senator-john-madigan-senator-nick-xenophon-inquiry-into-ethics-practices-of-asada-afl-wada-antidoping-case-against-the-34-efc-players/u/18969941?recruiter=482632394&utm_source=share_update&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=facebook_link

Done

Given the recent media outburst of truthfulness, J34 focus remains a Senate Inquiry. Lets blow the lid off this sorry saga. We would really appreciate some help from Blitzers on social media. Whatever your comfortable doing is fine by us.

Petition link:

Petition based automatic email:

Facebook page:

YouTube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNG5xJW_SG0IhW86BoX0xVg

Thank you in advance. If we do achieve a Senate inquiry, I’ll buy the tequila shots at the Blitz party so long as I can lead the conga line. :slight_smile:

Have sent the email. I hope this enquiry happens; for James, the players and to ensure this never happens again.

J34 - the work you’re doing is absolutely great.

Just wondering if you’ve considered putting together a one-pager of the high level facts and misconceptions? Perfect to distribute to those misinformed.

And similar to the #standbyhird campaign, you could look to distribute at an Essendon game to further get the information into the public domain. Could help to pick up signatures for the petition along the way. Just a thought. Keep up the good work!

J34 - the work you're doing is absolutely great.

Just wondering if you’ve considered putting together a one-pager of the high level facts and misconceptions? Perfect to distribute to those misinformed.

And similar to the #standbyhird campaign, you could look to distribute at an Essendon game to further get the information into the public domain. Could help to pick up signatures for the petition along the way. Just a thought. Keep up the good work!

I’d put money towards a full page ad in all the papers !!

me too.

me too.

+3

1 x Herald Sun FP = approx $40,000.

Would be cheaper to coordinate a letter box drop… or billboard … or pretty much anything else…with the added bonus of not giving a red cent to the media who we despise.

Just a thought.

Yeah, not sure why we’d pay them big money to put an expurgated story there.