Petition to the Senate

You’re obviously not a fan of “Yes Minister”.

If Ley goes out of the cabinet permanently, the chances of support for a senate enquiry will greatly increase IMO. I personally know someone in the cabinet and he is a FB friend. I have been messaging him info for a couple of year over the saga. The need to protect Ley will evaporate if she goes…

Interesting lack of love for Ley from Coalition

Stop being naive - Both major parties interfered into ASADA’s investigation, so a Senate Enquiry can only damage both parties - The first rule for any Senate Enquiry is can it damage the other major party - Good policy, seeking the truth, etc,etc, runs a distant second.

A few comments from the petition:

REASON FOR SIGNING

I want to see justice carried out . 34 young men and 1 Coach were crucified with manipulation politically and Ego driven to an incorrect banning of players, and one attempted suicide, so wrong.

REASON FOR SIGNING

I cant stand organisations like AFL and the drug agencies who operate with double standards and who dont care who they bully and harass.

REASON FOR SIGNING

So many lies have been told. We deserve the truth.

REASON FOR SIGNING

Don’t look the other way - consider what this has done to vulnerable players and their coach.

Here are some more:

REASON FOR SIGNING

I want justice for all 34 players and especially James Hird and Jobe Watson.I further believe that there are so many discrepancies in the case against the players that it would be impossible to be found guilty in an Australian court.

REASON FOR SIGNING

There has never been any evidence that any Essendon player ever took a prohibited substance. The prosecution of the players has been flawed from the beginning. I invite all to sign the petition.

REASON FOR SIGNING

Because I believe Essendon Players and particularly the Coach, James Hird, were made sacrificial lambs to a system that the AFL did not want disturbed. Shame on them

REASON FOR SIGNING

The media had the Essendon 34 and James Hird guilty before the investigation really began. Where were the leaks coming from? ASADA and the AFL were both deceptive and manipulative throughout this investigation. Where is the evidence that TB4 was ever at the Essendon Football Club. The Chinese invoice ASADA provided at the AFL Tribunal from Shame Charters, was a fake. His talks with ASADA can only be hearsay. Stop talking about strands of a cable and come up with actual proof. No positive tests, no paperwork and no text messages of TB4. Melbourne ran the same program as Essendon and Melbourne paperwork and phone calls there is evidence of Thymomodulin. Stephen Dank also worked with the Melbourne Football Club. Melbourne innocent, Essendon guilty.

What about the people who worked at Essendon who were there and have since been re-employed else where since and not a word from people failed miserably at Essendon. Yet, have been rewarded else where in new employment. Dean Robinson, Paul Hamilton, Ian Robson and where is the silent and invisible David Evans. There is a lot about this investigation and verdict which doesn’t make sense and flies in the face of justice and the truth. We need a Senate Enquiry to sort out these anomalies.

Note: At a guess, there must be over 5,000 different comments (all recorded) as to why these people signed this petition.

Sorry for asking.

What does the petition need to reach to cause an action?

Stop being naive - Both major parties interfered into ASADA’s investigation, so a Senate Enquiry can only damage both parties - The first rule for any Senate Enquiry is can it damage the other major party - Good policy, seeking the truth, etc,etc, runs a distant second.

Stop being negative- ALP and Liberal Senators assisted Maddigan’s questioning of McDevitt. It is not only about optics. After all, there’s a current Senate Inquiry into treatment of asylum seekers on Nauru. As Blitzers we are so good at writing off opportunities. If a journo changes their mind and supports us, we bag them for their previous position. If an MP lets us down, their party is irredeemable. We can’t ignore slabs of potential supporters if we want to get respect back for the 34 plus 1 and overhaul the “doping” system and its representatives.

up up:
Certainly there was no love for McD across the political spectrum in Senators coordinated and tactical questioning of him at recent Senate Estimates. Avoidance of political witch hunting and a focus on broader systemic/ structural flaws which led to the Essendon fall-out needs to be exposed. Some Senators may see the Essendon example as the peg to pursue such issues.

Stop being negative- ALP and Liberal Senators assisted Maddigan’s questioning of McDevitt. It is not only about optics. After all, there’s a current Senate Inquiry into treatment of asylum seekers on Nauru. As Blitzers we are so good at writing off opportunities. If a journo changes their mind and supports us, we bag them for their previous position. If an MP lets us down, their party is irredeemable. We can’t ignore slabs of potential supporters if we want to get respect back for the 34 plus 1 and overhaul the “doping” system and its representatives.

I am realistic. There would already be a Senate Enquiry if the two major political parties had nothing to hide.

Dont underestimate the effectiveness of Senate Committees.

I am realistic. There would already be a Senate Enquiry if the two major political parties had nothing to hide.

Of course all reps on a Senate committee must contribute

I doubt you undetstand the difference between a Senate Committee and Enquiry.

And i doubt you understand politics.

Of course all reps on a Senate committee must contribute

I doubt you undetstand the difference between a Senate Committee and Enquiry.

And i doubt you understand politics.

So in summary Ladies and Gentlemen, as third speaker for the affirmative, I say
-the fact we don’t have an Inquiry yet doesn’t mean it’s hopeless,
-we have previous examples of some major party support and other Senate Inquiries into explosive topics, and
-I concede my general ignorance but submit this particular case all the same.
Good night.

I posted that letter in the wrong thread, guys, sorry. Please move or delete if you can/want to , mods.

Don’t worry, Deckham, I’d already posted it in here anyway. This thread is still open for discussion, though I can’t help wondering how long that will last, if the weasel from the now-closed Saga thread starts anew over here. “Round and round the mulberry bush…”

Sent: Friday, February 3, 2017 3:35 PM
To: [email protected]
Cc: [email protected]; [email protected]; Paul Tan ([email protected]); [email protected]; [email protected]; ‘[email protected]’; Bolt, Andrew ([email protected]); ‘[email protected]’; ‘Bob O’Dea’; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; Frank Wilson ([email protected]); [email protected]; Graham Cornes ([email protected]); [email protected]; Jon Pierik ([email protected]); ‘[email protected]’; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; Landsberger, Sam ([email protected])
Subject: Old Yellar

Mark

I heard your interview on SEN Radio. Nothing has changed. You are still talking garbage. You are still making comments that you can’t substantiate.

You said you didn’t believe James Hird really tried to take his own life. What evidence do you have to support your position?

Have you spoken to James or Tania or James’s mother or father or his aunties or his doctors? I thought not.

And then you went on to talk about your friend. If you are a friend of James’s, he needs to advertise for more.

Friends don’t let friends down. If you had written about the AFL, ASADA, Gillard government and Essendon board’s decision on 9 February 2013 to find Essendon guilty and James responsible, he would not be in the position he is in now.

If you had written about James’s job description; the Essendon organisation structure; the key clauses (21,222 and 23) of the Victorian OH&S Act; the AFL’s OH&S responsibilities; the Essendon board’s OH&S responsibilities; Paul Hamilton’s responsibilities; and ASADA’s corrupt behaviour in changing Ian Robson’s evidence about James’s responsibilities, James would not have been held responsible for what happened at Essendon, and he would not have been attacked the way he was. The despicable judge’s wife would not have been in a position to trash him at the party.

If you had attacked the AFL for breaching clauses 2.7 and 2.8 of the WADA Code, the AFL would have been held solely responsible for registering Stephen Dank to work with WADA affiliated athletes. The AFL caused the Dank problem, not Essendon or Hird.

Writing about the above issues may just help in James’s recovery. It’s not too late for you to admit that you did a rotten job. Print and explain the Essendon organisation structure. Describe James’s job description. Tell your readers that legally about 30 people had more responsibility for the players health and safety than James.

Until you do, stop big noting that you are a friend of James’s. As I said two years ago you are just Old Yellar lying on the rug in front of the fire while the AFL tickles your tummy.

Bruce Francis

From: Bruce Francis [mailto:[email protected]] Sent: Friday, February 3, 2017 3:35 PM To: [email protected] Cc: [email protected]; [email protected]; Paul Tan ([email protected]); [email protected]; [email protected]; '[email protected]'; Bolt, Andrew ([email protected]); '[email protected]'; 'Bob O'Dea'; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; Frank Wilson ([email protected]); [email protected]; Graham Cornes ([email protected]); [email protected]; Jon Pierik ([email protected]); '[email protected]'; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; Landsberger, Sam ([email protected]) Subject: Old Yellar

Mark

I heard your interview on SEN Radio. Nothing has changed. You are still talking garbage. You are still making comments that you can’t substantiate.

You said you didn’t believe James Hird really tried to take his own life. What evidence do you have to support your position?

Have you spoken to James or Tania or James’s mother or father or his aunties or his doctors? I thought not.

And then you went on to talk about your friend. If you are a friend of James’s, he needs to advertise for more.

Friends don’t let friends down. If you had written about the AFL, ASADA, Gillard government and Essendon board’s decision on 9 February 2013 to find Essendon guilty and James responsible, he would not be in the position he is in now.

If you had written about James’s job description; the Essendon organisation structure; the key clauses (21,222 and 23) of the Victorian OH&S Act; the AFL’s OH&S responsibilities; the Essendon board’s OH&S responsibilities; Paul Hamilton’s responsibilities; and ASADA’s corrupt behaviour in changing Ian Robson’s evidence about James’s responsibilities, James would not have been held responsible for what happened at Essendon, and he would not have been attacked the way he was. The despicable judge’s wife would not have been in a position to trash him at the party.

If you had attacked the AFL for breaching clauses 2.7 and 2.8 of the WADA Code, the AFL would have been held solely responsible for registering Stephen Dank to work with WADA affiliated athletes. The AFL caused the Dank problem, not Essendon or Hird.

Writing about the above issues may just help in James’s recovery. It’s not too late for you to admit that you did a rotten job. Print and explain the Essendon organisation structure. Describe James’s job description. Tell your readers that legally about 30 people had more responsibility for the players health and safety than James.

Until you do, stop big noting that you are a friend of James’s. As I said two years ago you are just Old Yellar lying on the rug in front of the fire while the AFL tickles your tummy.

Bruce Francis

Sssssisck'em Bruce.

In January 2017, J34 met with Richard Di Natale, Leader of The Greens and handed him a copy of the Petition signed by 7,374 supporters. The Australian Greens are very supportive of a call for a Senate Inquiry into ASADA. J34 will now be re-directing our attention into gaining support for this Senate Inquiry from one of the larger political parties. Below, Bob O’Dea, from J34, hands a copy of the Petition to Senator Richard Di Natale, Leader of the Australian Greens on 31 January 2017.

In January 2017, J34 met with Richard Di Natale, Leader of The Greens and handed him a copy of the Petition signed by 7,374 supporters. The Australian Greens are very supportive of a call for a Senate Inquiry into ASADA. J34 will now be re-directing our attention into gaining support for this Senate Inquiry from one of the larger political parties. Below, Bob O'Dea, from J34, hands a copy of the Petition to Senator Richard Di Natale, Leader of the Australian Greens on 31 January 2017.

Thanks Stabby and well done to the J34. Now it’s a small matter of getting the government to release the coaltion senators from protecting Ley and McDevitt. If that hapens it’s game on. I say small matter ironically because it won’t be easy but it is worth while pushing to get to the truth.

In January 2017, J34 met with Richard Di Natale, Leader of The Greens and handed him a copy of the Petition signed by 7,374 supporters. The Australian Greens are very supportive of a call for a Senate Inquiry into ASADA. J34 will now be re-directing our attention into gaining support for this Senate Inquiry from one of the larger political parties. Below, Bob O'Dea, from J34, hands a copy of the Petition to Senator Richard Di Natale, Leader of the Australian Greens on 31 January 2017.

Thanks Stabby and well done to the J34. Now it’s a small matter of getting the government to release the coaltion senators from protecting Ley and McDevitt. If that hapens it’s game on. I say small matter ironically because it won’t be easy but it is worth while pushing to get to the truth.

Has anyone had a chat to Cory Bernadi?

Now McD has gone from ASADA, there is an obvious scapegoat. Everything can all be blamed on him…and of course he no longer works there.

Nice and convenient. Great timing.

Now McD has gone from ASADA, there is an obvious scapegoat. Everything can all be blamed on him...and of course he no longer works there.

Didn’t work that way for all those EFC people who bailed out. They are the untouchables

Now McD has gone from ASADA, there is an obvious scapegoat. Everything can all be blamed on him...and of course he no longer works there.

Didn’t work that way for all those EFC people who bailed out. They are the untouchables

Hird is an Untouchable.