Petition to the Senate

petition

13 Likes

Well done brother. You put a lot of effort into the petition.

3 Likes

Hear, hear.

Sorry, but what’s that got to do with what Bruce has claimed? He’s not talking about an interview McKenzie had with Dank, he is referring to a text message that was quoted in a McKenzie article.

My understanding was always the same as yours - Dank had said TB4 in an interview, and contacted McKenzie straight afterwards to correct terminology. But Bruce is referring to McKenzie mis-translating a text message and Asada submitting the McKenzie translation as evidence, which is the first I’ve heard of this.

1 Like

It’s not even a direct mistranslation of a text, it’s a quote about what ASADA itself alleges the text to mean.

In August that year, ASADA alleges that Dank told Robinson via a text message that TB4 would be the ‘‘cornerstone’’ of his work at the Bombers because it could accelerate player recovery.

ASADA relied on something that a journalist asserted that ASADA itself alleged.

Kafka couldn’t make this stuff up folks.

5 Likes

Not smelling the cordite from where I’m sitting

I have a lot of legal mates and every time we meet one of us laments the lack of Court action due to the Saga. While one of these learned Gentlemen believe that it may be probable illegal substance were used, all agreed that if there was Supreme Court action that players would win. One or more of the 34 need to start the action, and I still cannot understand why they don’t.

Maybe someone on here can explain it ?

3 Likes

They were paid lots of money to settle.

3 Likes

Maybe that is the reason, but you reckon they could sue for a lot more due to pain, suffering, hardship and loss of reputation .

4 Likes

I think most wanted it over and done with. One player who is a family friend, I am not mentioning names, felt it was the way he was treated by people in the street, he was spat on, abused, called a cheat and a loser and generally this attitude, eventually, affected the way he actually saw himself as a sportsman and a person. He had trouble sleeping, had trouble eating, felt down and out. He knew he hadn’t deliberately taken anything illegal and wouldn’t and felt certain his team mates wouldn’t either. The saga really changed him in a lot of ways and most of all it touched everything and changed the way he felt about his life.

Everyone was very concerned about his mental health and prayed he would come out the other side and fortunately he did.

20 Likes

I understand the sentiment attached to not keep bringing up the tragedy of the saga and allowing the players time free of media speculation.
But the saga can never be over whilst the truth has been buried under a deluge of lies, and whilst those guilty of the manipulation and corruption of the process go unpunished.

There are only 2 choices. Accept that the AFL/media/ASADA/CAS will never be exposed for what they did and the players will always be officially and publicly branded as cheats; or keep trying to get the real truth acknowledged and eventually a fair legal and official outcome for the E34+3.

16 Likes

Get that tin foil hat ready

Why don’t you fark right off out of here turd?

10 Likes

Succinct, that.

8 Likes

Showing your IQ again

2 Likes

Whatever the outcome, it is now an established fact that ASADA falsified some of the evidence submitted to the ADRVP. If that evidence was critical to the ADRVP findings of possible TB4 use, then the ADRVP should make a statement to that effect.

17 Likes

Although, proving what ASADA has done in spite of evidence may be the hardest part of all because no one who could lift a hand, wants to stand up or haven’t so far. If it ever happens, a lot of heads will roll and the people involved so far, have managed to keep a lid on it, get on with life and have made the most of opportunities offered to them, while they continue to look the other way. Money does buy silence and so does fear.

I am a great believer in everyone eventually getting exactly their measure and what they deserve at the end of the day. I have seen karma in action and knowing it works in strange ways, gives me comfort and keeps me sane in the face of corruption and evil.

4 Likes

Karma need to work its magic in this mis-named Federal Department as this is where ASADA FOI requests are sent to die:

25%20am

8 Likes

probably the cost & the AFL would send out the hounds of war against anyone who did !!! so fear & money two things that would stop someone seeking justice

it will happen maybe not how we expect it to but it will happen !!!