Petition to the Senate

well didn’t the original tribunal say the same thing that their evidence was fanciful & contained no substance ? or something like that

1 Like

and there you have it …the very reason this can’t just be let go!!!

1 Like

00%20pm

7 Likes

The assertion by ASADA/WADA, that was accepted by CAS, that all reference to “thymosin” was really TB4, was crucial and fundamental to the case against the players.
The fact that McKenzie substituted “TB4” for “thymosin” in an article is no more than another, albeit blatant, example of how that assertion was necessary to make a case.
It always was, and continues to be, a convenient lie to substitute “TB4” for all references to thymosin.
Refer to Dank’s texts to the Melbourne doctor about (specifically) “thymomodulin” to illustrate the lie that he never would have meant anything other than TB4 when he used the term “thymosin”.
It should have been challenged in the defence, and, as far as I can tell, it was never challenged.

2 Likes

Is there a transcript of the defence?

Can the competence/ethics of the players legal representatives be challenged before their professional registration body?

2 Likes

The players’ legal reps definitely made the case it was thymomodulin. This is on record. The problem was with CAS and their (pre)determination to get a guilty finding to equip WADA with an additional weapon ie using circumstantial (non)evidence (without positive tests) to fight anti-doping.

One of the reasons CAS & WADA get away with their complete incompetence/corruption of this process is that their end objective is ok, but it’s just the collateral damage was horrendous for 37 players & coaches, which they couldn’t care less about.

4 Likes

For the greater good, 34 players from a pissant country, playing a pissant game, whose game’s governance, politicans and many beurearcrats had been caught out playing “I have the biggest donger game”, who also sucked in the pathetic excuse that is called the media in this country, who are supposed to expose BS like this, not promote it.

5 Likes

I may be wrong, but I don’t recall that being an argument put by the defence.
One of the problems for people like us is there were no transcripts published and so we can’t be sure what prosecution or defence said in the CAS hearing.
I recollect being frustrated that the Melbourne texts were never mentioned as support for the likelihood that Dank might have used thymomodulin at Essendon. Also, IIRC there was a school of thought (maybe before the original Tribunal hearing) that arguing about TB4 versus Thymomodulin would muddy the waters, and that the defence would stick to the simple argument that there was not enough evidence to prove either of them was used at all.

In any event, it would have mattered not, as CAS were hellbent on giving WADA what they were after, and no amount of sound argument or reason would have deterred them. They were free to do what they liked since they were not subject to review by any appeal.

2 Likes

There is a quote somewhere from one of players’ lawyers that they tried to argue that the thymosin was not TB4 and was rather thymomodulin, but CAS rejected this argument. Para 131 to 138 of the CAS judgement dismisses the thymosin alpha argument - hey concluded it was more likely TB4 - even though they acknowledged the players’ case vrs WADA’s case on this issue was not fully resolved.

1 Like

This video may help; a lot of evidence that would exonerate the players was omitted at CAS

6 Likes

I wonder if it is possible to get the credentials of anyone involved in the the process reviewed before their registration body on the basis they didn’t do their job properly, or is WADA and CAS so impervious to shoddy process, no one can question anything they do in any way even if they have a professional standards body which should require they maintain professional standards?

2 Likes

Possibly because Dank was never questioned even though they used “evidence” in his name … the information could not be refuted even though the prosecution relied on it to convict ???

I wonder how they could even get away with illogical thinking like that? they had no more basis for determining it was TB4 than they say the defence had for saying it wasn’t

a big yes to this !!!

1 Like

13,873 have signed.

5 Likes

^^^
now
Screen Shot 2020-10-02 at 11.39.58 am

8 Likes

You and the team are amazing.

2 Likes

Screen Shot 2020-12-04 at 12.13.21 pm

7 Likes

When Brasher referred to the views of supporters he had spoken to as informing his own views, had he given consideration to the views of supporters signing the Petition?

5 Likes

With the petition about to hit 15,000 signatures which will comprise many non-Essendon supporters it can safely be assumed this group is a small percentage of Essendon supporters - Maybe if a majority of paying members expressed these views to Brasher, it may get him thinking more about the issue.