Photos you‘ve taken

Was testing out some star photography tonight. Not the best night for it given the moon position, it was too early in the evening and there were a few wispy clouds but this sort of worked. Wasn’t targeting anything exotic but the bright blue star in the middle is Achernar, the ninth brightest object in the sky. About 139 light years away from us.

If you want to see this object, basically step outside, look pretty much straight up.

Full res version below.

(updated link, put the wrong image up)

2 Likes

Great pic but you don’t wanna eat that particular honey! A bee shop owner offered me a taste of cape weed honey and laughed as my face screwed up on me taking up the offer! It’s got a bitterness that overwhelms all the fructose, like you wouldn’t believe.

In my second spring of beekeeping, have three productive hives (and two others building up - which is too many!). Extracted 30 kg three weeks ago (luckily it’s choice quality), and am planning to process another 40-50 kg this weekend. Gotta sort out a system to render a bunch of wax, too.

It’s great fun but not looking forward to varroa mite…

4 Likes

[/details]On the way home from Queenscliff Music festival

21 Likes

wonderful

4 Likes

4 Likes

15 Likes

Great pic
Is that at Gibson Steps?

1 Like

Yep

1 Like

Genuine Macro work is bloody tricky to learn, lol. These are literal grains of sand , to give some size context. I probably have 50 shots or more with the ants outside the focus plane.

4 Likes

Angkerle Atwatye (Standley Chasm - West MacDonnell Ranges, NT)

12 Likes

Neewer 4-Way Macro Focusing Focus Rail Slider/Close-Up Shooting for Canon Nikon, Pentax, Olympus, Sony, Samsung and Other Digital SLR Camera and DC with Standard 1/4-Inch Screw Hole https://amzn.asia/d/ej64THP

You need this.

Just dipping my feet into Desktop Photo editing.
Normally I just use Pixelcut on my Android phone, and previously Pixelmator when using an iPhone.

Nothing serious as my phone is my main camera, along with a couple of GoPros.
However, I have many old family pics with no negatives (ie.only faded old beaten up photos)

I gave Fotor Photo Editor a go and am pretty impressed with what it can do.
This pic (subject classified) was in poor condition from the early 70’s obviously badly exposed with terrible colour.
Scanned it on a cheap HP multi Printer/Scanner…

I used the Old Photo Restorer on Fotor, and changed very little else.
Keep in mind, I don’t know what the hell I’m doing or the best way to adjust the levels.

I think it’s a fair improvement…

16 Likes

Don’t eat the mushies! I think we’ve all learnt that recently?

4 Likes

Blue star in the middle is Adhara. Make sure you view full and zoom in to get all the detail. On blitz the compression is really bad and doesn’t show any colour!.

This was a 300mm or about 6 degrees of sky!

4 Likes

That’s great, I’ll have to try it. You could do further slight adjustment by lowering the highlights and even brightness slightly, boost the contrast and black point a touch.

I’m going through loads of old photos myself and doing it manually, mostly with decent results but some might benefit from Fotor.

1 Like

Photoshop now does AI restoration. The scratch removal alone is pretty incredible.

Looked to post on the Travel thread but it looked pretty serious… Came here and it’s even more serious lol FMD

Anyway Maldives honeymoon!!

17 Likes

Sunrise at home.

17 Likes

12 Likes