Photos you‘ve taken

Newest family member. More front than Myer too. Gonna be a handful.

I think the latest top end canon was using a new raw where it saved like 40 different layers to be processed later. I've never really done much with the raw files even though I shoot jpg+raw.

A few cameras offer composite modes now. Pentax and Oly shift the sensor a pixel width for four shots and combine into one for an extremely large, high detail shot. You get full colour sampling at each pixel location instead of just one. It can also result in much less noise since the layers can ditch the noise from each and choose the detail layer for any given pixel.

The big caveat is that any movement whatsover, be it subject or camera, will result in strange artifacts in the image. Pentax claim that theirs can account for some movement but in practice its still problematic. And your lenses need to be top shelf.

Oly also have what they call “live composite”, where you can take interval shots and it will blend them together but only use changes in brightness relative to the base shot. It gives an effect like using an ND filter for water movement, for instance. Or a really strange but kinda cool thing where you can take a pic inside a crowded area and gradually all the people moving through the shot will be composited out of the pic and you’re left with just the stationary building etc. I saw one inside Grand Central Station that seemed totally empty despite being continuously crossed by commuters. Cant quite get my head around how that works, lol.

I havent yet used these modes on my new Olympus. But i agree with Deck. I can mainly envisage “artsy” use. Maybe astrophotography as well.

Has anyone here noticed photobuckets website has become really slow? I’m thinking to use an alternative but not sure if I should go to imgur or flickr.

If anyone has suggestions that would be great.

• Can’t use google photos cause that’s already full of backups from my phone / tablet.
Has anyone here noticed photobuckets website has become really slow? I'm thinking to use an alternative but not sure if I should go to imgur or flickr.

If anyone has suggestions that would be great.

• Can’t use google photos cause that’s already full of backups from my phone / tablet.

Next time you’re on that site, check out how many ads are blocked (if you use that software - which I’m not allowed to talk about)

23!!!

Plug time!

The talk of composite photos made me think immediately of my sister. She’s a professional photographer who works with mixed media to develop her pieces. Water colours, pastel paints and powders, and obviously digital tools, she’ll use pretty much anything. Not everyone’s cup of tea, but there’s no denying her talent (yeah, fair enough, I’m biased).

http://www.bodhidelmar.com/

She also does some pretty cool stuff up-cycling old glass bottles too. She’s a pretty socially conscious person and as such makes sure she dedicates a percentage of her takings to a charity in the country / location where she took the photo.

[/plug]

As for what camera I use? Nikon J1. I’ve actually been pretty surprised how well photos have turned out on it. I’ll try and add to the thread if I get the chance :slight_smile:

I like this one

1 Like

had to drop my daughter off at the palais yesterday. wandered around a bit.

Water levels at Coolart are finally high enough for the ibis to nest, first time in several years (The ibis started to nest last year but abandoned them when the rains dried up.) Signets are already out and Dad’s on guard duty and making it clear you’re not welcome.
Took these shots today from the bird hide. Should be a sight in 3 weeks or so when the ibis chicks are out and about.

Ha. First ducklings at Queens Park out this week, and dad is sooooo coming at me, bro, every time you walk past. It’s hilarious.

Ha. First ducklings at Queens Park out this week, and dad is sooooo coming at me, bro, every time you walk past. It’s hilarious.

Did you burn down the courthouse by any chance? :stuck_out_tongue:

Did you burn down the courthouse by any chance? :p
I blame Pazza and his lack of a little bit of water.

Puerto Vallarta - Mexico

1 Like

These pics don’t capture the sway in the branch as she snapped the twig. For a horrible moment I thought she was coming down. Didn’t phase her though.

<3

Item ticked off the bucket list today.

Akasuka

Too many flying golden turds.