Photos you‘ve taken

I want one of those cars.

Guess id better remove the colour to maintain my reputation. Kinda works actually.

Had a fledgling pushed out of a nest roaming the front yard yesterday. Mum went nuts (squawking) if anyone ventured near.

Ibii (I don’t care if that’s the incorrect pluralisation)

There were a lot of copulating dragonflies:

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/521/32414498456_b5504a1310_h.jpg

Have a mate whose old man was a classics scholar more than handy at Latin. My mate intentionally said ibii just to drive his old man nuts. (Both knew pretty much any bird the the state by both common and Latin name, btw). I gather platypus is also not Latin and should not be pluralised as “platypi”. Same goes for octopus. Apparently should be platypodes and octopodes, but platypuses and octopuses are acceptable.

Have a mate whose old man was a classics scholar more than handy at Latin. My mate intentionally said ibii just to drive his old man nuts. (Both knew pretty much any bird the the state by both common and Latin name, btw). I gather platypus is also not Latin and should not be pluralised as “platypi”. Same goes for octopus. Apparently should be platypodes and octopodes, but platypuses and octopuses are acceptable.

Leave that to the hoi polloi.

current housemate. he’s very photogenic :slight_smile:

Anyone here use Capture One? Is it better than Lightroom? I’m considering try something different.

Anyone here use Capture One? Is it better than Lightroom? I'm considering try something different.

It is much the same, BG. What are you looking for? What are you lacking?

Anyone here use Capture One? Is it better than Lightroom? I'm considering try something different.

Not really lacking anything to be honest. I was just reading that several people seem to like it better, though mainly because it’s apparently faster…

Not really lacking anything to be honest. I was just reading that several people seem to like it better, though mainly because it’s apparently faster…

Over the last few versions, CO has become faster than LR, it is true.
However - there are many things you can do to get a substantial speed increase in LR without having to re-learn a workflow.
Here’s a good link:

Leave that to the hoi polloi.

I saw a woman answer that hoi polloi meant the elite on Millionaire once. She was so sure she was right and got really stroppy when she was told that in fact it meant the opposite. They had to drag her off while the camera zoomed in on Eddie, who was gamely proceding as if nothing unusual was happening.

The next Club-fan forum venue. Cya etihad.

So we need [img] tags again?

3 Likes

yep. we do.

Landscape photography is a hobby of mine, I have a gallery here on 500px

2 Likes

What filter are you using to get the ghostly water affect in the day time? I like the longer shutter speed photos like that.

The ones taken in the middle of the day are using about a 6 stop. When the light is low on sunset or just after I use a 3 and just after sunset I don’t use any. Its all about experimenting really. If you want to show movement in the water but not make it go flat or misty aim for about a 1 to 1.5 second exposure. Experiment with different aperture filter combos to get the desired effect.

3 Likes

Lovely work, glenn.

2 Likes

I picked up a 10 stop ND when Mainline had a clearance sale. You basically cant see through it! Lol.

Yes, pretty much have to use manual mode with a 10 stop. I use an app to calculate the shutter speed. You look at the shutter speed without the filter, put that number into the app and it will give you the seconds required for a correct exposure.

1 Like

4 Likes