Photos you‘ve taken

Tourists!

Notice the nice Ginko trees in the background? Apparently the cause for some to yellow before others is the direction of the sun.

7 Likes

That’s like this bridge in Osaka I have to drive over to get to Ikea (not my photo):

8 Likes

Not a lot of time recently for pics, but here’s a few. Some were shot on film (the light leak in one shot gives one of them away!) with a Yashica I found in an op shop for 5 dollars, lol. After one roll of film and a develop/scan, that $5 camera now ‘owes’ me over $40. Hmmm. But it was a lot of fun trying to force an auto-exposure, zone focus camera from 1973 to do what i wanted.

15 Likes

What’s this one, man?
It’s stunning.

1 Like

Last nights moon at Lorne

9 Likes

Its from the Escher-Nendo display at the NGV back in the christmas holidays. They had a suspended 3-d mural of thousands of house profiles. The spotlights angled through the lanes gave a really striking effect, probably better than what i’ve managed to capture.

It’s a wonderful photo.
Print it and hang it up somewhere.

3 Likes

Salt Lake at Beeac

5 Likes

Different, closer view of said mural. Just to show the makeup.

8 Likes

Cheers, mate. Appreciate the comment.

1 Like

I like this one

1 Like

IMG_2722 Outside Mona in Tasmania

9 Likes

thanks. in hindsight, I focused too far into the image, not enough depth of field. wish id realised and gone back and shot it again. then again, it was handheld in dim conditions so i was a bit unsure of which would be best. i dont mind it though.

Sun’s out, bees have just appeared. Taken a few minutes ago. I knew I let these thistles grow for a reason!

5 Likes

Just wondering what computers you guys use for editing? Looking at replacing our current laptop (it’s about 6 years old), so thought I’d look into something with close to, if not full adobe RGB so I can eventually print. The XPS 15 and Thinkpad X1 extreme are currently on my radar for this reason. They seem like powerful units as well.

Editing photos? Well - it depends whether you are doing it professionally, or as an enthusiast.
Professionally - you would not use a laptop, mainly because of the screens they use. You would want at least, an IPS screen as opposed to a TN. You would want something capable of displaying colour and contrast faithfully (but not enhanced).
To be honest, it is more important to have a good monitor calibration system than anything else. That would be my first ‘tick’. After that, you use what you can afford.

Yeah I have basically realised that with laptops, but not sure I want a desktop, and I’m certainly not doing anything professional. I’ll have to delve a bit deeper. Thanks Deckham.

1 Like

Haven’t checked in here for a bit. Some cracking photos @Soulnet @saladin @coldblood - thx kindly for sharing.

1 Like

Some pics from a recent trip to rural Japan.

Nakasendo Trail, Magome:

Walk from Magome to Tsumago:

Tsumago:

8 Likes

Narai:

Torii Pass hike from Narai to Yabuhara:

7 Likes