Pick 34 - Who Do We Take?

I think as a club we’re in win now mode. Which means you draft for the cover you need now. If a can’t miss prospect slid that far then maybe you’d have a look. But small forward and outside run seem to be the priorities +/- a backup ruckman of Leuey doesn’t re-sign. Enough cover on the group you listed to make a run for the flag!

2 Likes
3 Likes

I agree we are in now mode. I don’t see any glaring holes that a mature age or solid role player are needed. I want some all or nothing type picks, potential elite talent that could break into the 2020 side. With no first round picks, the only way to get an elite rookie is to go a Fantasia style late drafting roll of the dice.

1 Like

We have our midfielder in place now, so we don’t need to draft another one for another 5 or so years.

So it’ll be half-back flanker at pick 34.

2 Likes

With Partington being cut by the Eagles I’d love to get him on the cheap

2 Likes

For Norwood or Essendon?

12 Likes

In all seriousness though, is he really a forward or a mid? Stats in the WAFL seem reasonable.

I’m assuming you’ve barely seen him play in the last 3 seasons so you’d be going off what he did in the SANFL before he was drafted

Yeah. It appears he just hasn’t stepped up like I’d hoped. He was a genuine, silky mid at Norwood and was one of the best juniors I’d seen come through our ranks for awhile. For whatever reason he just hasn’t made it over there. I’d love him back home if he doesn’t get another shot at it

1 Like

He certainly projected as a mid when I saw him as a u18. Big possession getter through the middle. Struck me as Parish Lite. No idea what he’s been doing at the eagles. But the fact that we overlooked him multiple times in the draft suggests we probably don’t rate him particularly high.

1 Like

Didn’t he win their wafl best and fairest this year?

We have really no need for a WAFL mid.

So that’s a no for Pickett then?

Speedy forward to add to our stocks first.

1 Like

Nek minnit.

2 Likes

I’d forgotten how beautiful he was.

3 Likes

Pickett
Parker
Hind

Any one know much about Matthew Parker? Off field issues ? Attitude / work ethic? What’s held him back etc…

Small forward/speedy wingers. But if a quality KPP player like Ben Brown or BZT is available at ONE of our picks then I’m all for it.

1 Like

34 Matty Lloyd. (HBF) (Bid here on Bailey Scott)
66 Harry Reynolds (mid) (Bid here on Oscar Brownless)
88 Mason Fletcher (kpd) (bid here on Silvagni… only joking)
rookie Tippa (forward pocket) / Kysiah Pickett (Wing)

1 Like

so who else are you delisting to have 4 spots available?

1 Like