Pick 34 - Who Do We Take?

And how does he then fit in Neagle & Hind?

You’re keen on a Half Back because we’ve already got 6 who can comfortably play there and you think we need a 7th? Is that it?

1 Like

Pick 34 is a bit of a crap shoot.
Do you want to end up with a aerial Steinberg?

I’m assuming Bytel gone and goiNg for best available.

our first pick we get best talent then go for needs next picks.

I would cut mcneice to make extra list spot.

Lloyd could probably start in back pocket

Remember when we didn’t get Rioli because we had lots of fast excitement machines. Lovett, Jetta, Davey.

Would pick up Neagle for VFL side give him another 12 months to get over injury and play some vfl games

Don’t rate Lloyd. Isn’t worthy of a top pick. Rioli was a once in a lifetime player. Lazy Half backs are a dime a dozen. There will be someone who drifts.
What’d you see like in Reynolds? Where does he play at AFL?
Mcneice is so valuable off field and rated among playing group. That’s an interesting one.
Neagle approach bang on. Just needs support overcoming injury. Almost consider as a rookie.

1 Like

Would take Matt Neagle over Matty Lloyd every day of the week, far too outside as a defender.

4 Likes

So were only considering names belonging to previous Essendon champions in this years draft? Seems like a restrictive way to go about things

1 Like

Wrong.

Blitz only considers names belonging to previous Essendon champions AND Essendon VFL players.

6 Likes

Hmm… is this the first sign that the_don1 is Matthew Knights?

Neagle over Lloyd indeed…

12 Likes

Matty Knights has a son in this draft too!

Take mummy and his big nostrils that was a juicy line

Encouraging noise about Matt Neagle, but do you think we’d need to use pick 34 if we want him?

No I don’t think so, it’s rare that mature age players go that early and the ones that where a chance this year where either taken by GC or traded by Carlton. I’ll be suprised if a mature age player was taken in the top 40 this year.

2 Likes

This lazy talk with Lloyd the furtherest thing from the truth. His ancle injury has hampered him this year. Had no preseason and has been playing sore. He is a hard running machine when fully fit and much better suited to a wing then a hb.

Was highly praised last year, struggled this year. I have no idea about how he would rank against others though.

If he doesn’t get selected he qualifys for overage next year.

Lazy may not be the word but from what I’ve seen of him live he picks and chooses when to run and most often it’s offensively rather than the other way

From what I’ve heard he will go again for the Rebels with I think 2 clubs mulling over him as a rookie prospect and I believe they are interstate clubs.

1 Like

I’m sticking by lazy… Loves a cheap kick out the back and in space. On current form, you couldn’t trust him to stand up when it counts. Lacks courage and ability to run two ways… To TD’s point it’s choice… That ankle looks great when attacking. Less so when defending. I’ve also seen him back out of contests… He’s just got a tendency to cheat at times. He’ll learn in time that when it’s his turn to go he needs to. Hopefully before he misses his chance. I’d be surprised if he was drafted this year. Courage and selflessness are difficult to drum into players at the elite level though. Incidentally he will need to learn to play sore at the next level if he has been feeling that way. Lots to work on, most of it mindset related.

Oi!

Did we ever have a Pickett or Parker play for us? We widen the net to *all state players with AFL surnames!

2 Likes

Sounds like Sydney are going to rookie a player who plays like their current best and fairest, but better overhead.

1 Like

We had Marcus Pickett in 01 or so, don’t think he played.

Surely we’ve had a Parker, can’t remember one, but it’s a pretty generic name.

1 Like

just the one

Geoff Parker. 3 games, 0 goals

and he was a cricketer, so says wiki

and is now head recruiting manager for Port_Adelaide

1 Like

Gun cricketer and a very good footballer. Played against him when he went back to Ringwood. Very strong player.