Pick 34 - Who Do We Take?

Who is your choice?

Why should I have to make a choice? Dodoro and RFK are the ones paid to make that choice. My opinion means nothing, as I don’t know the relative merits of all available.

5 Likes

So then why give your opinion at all?
Or are you a devils advocate?
When you I wouldn’t take a player full stop make me think you must have an opinion of a player you would like to take at pick 34.
I am interested to know who it might be.

My opinion is, and always has been, that you’re some sort of drongo.

10 Likes
1 Like

Imagine we did dragged another Merrett out of this draft at 34!

5 Likes

Fastest and best kick easy.

l don’t have one as yet, as l don’t know enough about all the players available.

My choice, … is to leave it up to those who will choose.

2 Likes

Aggressive response to people disagreeing with you about picking up a player… which happens all the time on Blitz.
I’m not about to offer you an alternate player to select. What I will add is that Jake Neade has had 6 years on an AFL list and plenty of opportunity to show what he can do at AFL level. What he hasn’t shown is an ability to apply pressure, kick goals or find enough of the ball to impact games. We would be better off getting Josh Green back.

7 Likes

My feeling is that I have preferences (hopes) for the types of players we pick up, but as for a name I have no idea. I agree with others like BSD, that I’ll leave it up to those who do the choosing.

I don’t watch enough of other clubs to really build an informed opinion of their players. 2 or 3 games a season (if that) of other clubs isn’t enough to really build a solid opinion, so it’s pointless me thinking about it.
But in general, I’m not overly keen on picking up delisted players from other clubs, especially clubs from down the bottom of the ladder.

I had been (and still am) favouring the need for small forwards and wingers/runners.
If Looney retires that adds an additional need.

@Humble_Minion’s post in the Sheridan thread has swayed my thoughts a bit though. And if we’re swinging for the fences, then I reckon it’s 18 or 19 year old’s we need to be targeting.

2 Likes

I get ya.
And then decide they’re wrong afterwards, when they’ve played a few seasons.
Smart.

3 Likes

Why would Neagle come into the equation for pick 34 - He’s a possible F/S selection if nominated by EFC. He’s no chance of being nominated by pick 34 and will be lucky to be nominated in the ND.

1 Like

Td1 if it comes down to a choice between a tall ( bailey williams) or a mid bytel, smith, ohallaran efc? What do we do?

How many of this quartet do you think will be available at 34?

Im sure Dodoro has rated all players just in case some drop to 34.
Our need for midfielders has decreased since the influx of Smith and Shiel, Plus Langford and Parish playing more minutes.

I think Dodoro would go the tall - Williams if he is still available.

2 Likes

Would love a hbf or a half forward with midfield potential.

The Leuenberger retirement might force our hand and get a ruckman in. Any decent WAFL/SANFL rucks who might be ready-made insurance in case of injury to Bellchambers?

1 Like

Is it possible to keep a list spot open and have a few prospective rucks train with us, do we get a late chance to add one to the list after the draft? I seem to recall we might have done this before?

Its either this, or bring in the BIG RUSSIAN.

1 Like

Welcome to Essendon: Shane Mumford

2 Likes

Lueneberger retired.
So i guess we are getting a ruckman somewhere.