Pick 34 - Who Do We Take?

Zach Clarke I suspect will be a player of interest

6 Likes

Darcy Fort is by far the best in the SANFL and probably of a better standard than several AFL ruckman

2 Likes

Sam Bualderstone, bring the big boy in.

1 Like

I suspected he might be retiring after hearing an interview with him during the season.
He said his goal was to support and coach Draper to be AFL ready, and take a load off the forwardline.

1 Like

Previously we’ve done that in the gap between the national draft and the pre-season/rookie draft, however that gap is now about four hours, which may not be enough time to see them training.

But, there’s a new rule. If we keep a rookie spot open we can sign a player onto it any time between December 1 and March 15. It does mean they’ll have to not be taken in the national draft, rookie draft, or pre-season draft, and not have anyone else offer them a spot in the same way that they find more tempting. Might also be a problem depending on their state league commitments. It is an option though.

4 Likes

Apologies if his name has already been mentioned. What are the opinions from the VFL watchers on Jordan Keras from Geelong?

With Leuey now gone, we will most definitely be taking a mature ruckman as a stopgap.

Ruckman with past AFL experience will probably be preferred

Unless Bailey Williams falls through, I can’t see us going tall at pick 34. Fort, Baulderstone and Clarke will all be available further down the order. Might be a ‘best available’ pick at 34. Someone Dodoro was ‘genuinely shocked he made it to our pick’. Agree with previous posts that the like of Bytel, Smith or O’Halloran would be great value at 34.
Then go for a small forward and ruck with later picks. Possibly state league, ready to step up types.

1 Like

RICKY MOTT TIME

3 Likes

3 Likes

He’s got an issue with charging the opposition rather than tackling them thiugh
Positively he stays tight and clamps down on his man…

No way would we burn Pick 34 on a mature age, backup ruckman.
Jackets will go for gold - a slider, or an underdeveloped kid (limited time at TAC level or injury set backs).
Later spots either on the list or rookie for older rucks if we go that way.

3 Likes

A tower of a lad.

1 Like

Maybe we should Keep it quite that we want him.

3 Likes

May be tough to do once the draft ramparts up.

1 Like

As long as it is of the Zach variety, not the Jackson variety.

This has a Dodoro special written all over it.

1 Like

First cast out the beam in thine own eye.

See, now I feel all dirty.

It would be easier to pass a camel through the eye of a needle.

Ah, good old Darcy “Blanket” Fort