Pick 34 - Who Do We Take?

Where would you play Tom Bugg? I don’t think he would get a game, and isn’t an upgrade on any player in our list. Also not convinced he is ‘tough’. There’s nothing tough about whacking a guy who isn’t expecting it. Much like Jed Lamb, he is an agitator with average skills.

3 Likes

Good school

Utility player. Not quite tall enough for a Ronnie Andrews, but could do the Dimma very well. (He’s the same weight as Dimma, but a couple of inches taller.) I’d try him at inside mid, too.

It’s not that we need him as an upgrade for someone on our list — we have most areas of the game well covered by now ! — but we need him or someone like him to provide some of the toughness which is the one quality we’re definitely lacking in.

Have they cleaned out all the paedophiles yet ?

No idea. Been quite a while since my time and I was never in touch with them

:thinking:

2 Likes

That’sthejoke.gif

3 Likes

I did wonder, … “On purpose, … not on purpose?”

But I reduced it to Mr Thinky.

3 Likes

Guess we’ll just agree to disagree. Not sure toughness (perceived or true) validates a position on our senior list. I’d also argue that our improved tackling pressure by the likes of Merrett, Smith, Tippa, Rad, Saad AND inside competitiveness by Heppell, Merrett, Myers (add Shiel) is toughness that actually helps our team.

2 Likes

The club clearly planned on having 2 mature ruckman with leuenburger offered a deal.

Question is will they try and find a replacement mature ruck or go down the youth path. Either way I think we’ll see an additional ruckman on our list one way or another

1 Like

Fixed

1 Like

Clarendon? That was just a target to improve our throwing arms :+1:

tenor

1 Like

What year? I finished in 93

Thanks for the DRAFT CENTRAL link. I looked at the predicted draft ranges to fantasy pick for Essendon.

(Disclaimer: I only saw some Champs replays…I’d put in more effort if the AFL had posted their draft profile videos…and I wish the AFL posted all combine results)

PICK 34

• Williams (KPF/ruck, should be gone, but I dream)
  • Valente (Not needs, but I think an inside mid of his quality would be enticing if still unexpectedly on the board)
  • Briggs (Next best ruck, happy to bid at 34, but I expect GWS would then match)
  • Kennerley (Winger, fits needs, endurance, kicking looks scrappy on video but worthwhile at this pick IMO)
  • Bedford (Small forward? Want to see some video, would not be upset to bid at 34, but expect MELB would match)
  • Other players I want to see more video of: Jarvis/Ely Smith/Sparrow

PICK 66/84/102
I’m just going to select a few names from the LATE/ROOKIE rating, because hopefully that means they are realistically available at our picks…and these players appeared decent to me:

• Sholl (Winger? Just looked at a video and I wish he had more burst speed/physicality, but his size looks good)
  • Vandermeer (Pacey outside mid? Combine results?)
  • Munn (KPF, but recently grown to 199cm/97kg, so if Dodoro thought he could develop his ruckwork, list fit could be OK)
2 Likes

This article came up in my newsfeed.

A lot of players I’ve heard of should be around our pick. I think we will get an good player.

They’ve got my pick Bytel in the 40’s as well. Earlier in the year he was touted as top 10.

Ely smith is like a big bull - like the look of him.

Td1 what are your thoughts on WA’s Foley - he looks a nice size and player. Will he be around at 34?

2 Likes

I’m liking the sound of Fraser Turner.

Wingman who can run all day, good speed, high possession winner and can kick a goal. From Tasmania, draft eligible by only a few days.

Clubs: Clarence/Tasmania

Position: Midfielder

Size: 186cm, 75kg

Bio: The wingman runs hard all day on the outside and is a real link-up player who can get the ball from half-back to half-forward. Turner averaged 23.8 disposals for the Allies in Division 1 and was a strong performer for Tasmania in the Under 18 Academy Series. He is a reasonable kick and competes well around the ground.

Turner put in a stunning season for both Tasmania and the Allies, with running data that would have left AFL players in his wake, AFL Tasmania southern talent manager Mathew Armstrong said.

“He came back from the under-16s last year and he’s been a different kid, a different athlete,” Armstrong said.

“He’s running 161m per minute in some games.

“In the AFL it is 149m a minute, and he’s 161m.

“His running capabilities are phenomenal.

“With the possibility of less rotations in the AFL, players like him really come into contention.”

6 Likes

It’s a love/hate thing with Foley for me, great hands and mark and a smooth mover, kicking can be inconsistent however which is my main knock and his speed is only ok. I have him in the 25-35 range so wouldn’t be disappointed with him at 34

1 Like

Dodoro said on the Amart couch he’s looking at best available for pick 34.

1 Like