Pick 34 - Who Do We Take?

Shame we can’t sort by best available…

27 Likes

Beauty! Let’s discuss best available again. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

And so he should, I don’t think we have any glaring needs for the draft.

1 Like

Turner is a bit McGrath like, and not just the hair. Looks good, runs all day.

1 Like

I think he said as much

Of course Dodoro’s best available will be someone nobody here has ever heard of, which makes all this conjecture fun but ultimately pointless.

2 Likes

Probably good to look at who we should take with all of our 6 open list spots (4 senior/2 rookie) as a whole.

I think we should be looking at a mix of something like:

• 2 Mids
  • 2 Sml Fwd
  • 1 Ruck
  • 1 felxi pick (Sml Back/Developing Tall/Mid)

Some players from my limited knowledge of this years draft:
Mids - Ely Smith, Jack Bytel, Luke Valente, Rowbottom, Xav O’Halloran (34)

Ruck - Darcy Fort (66-Rook), Tom Campbell (DFA/Rook), Zac Clarke. (84-Rook)

Sml Fwd - Ned McHenry (34), Ben Cavarra (66-Rook), Cory Gregson (DFA)

Who are some more players we could put into the Sml fwd or Mid categories around the 64-Rook mark?

He also said he hopes it to be a ruck or mid, which given the ducks and drakes played at this time of year will prob be neither.

Or he’s double bluffing.
And it’d be hard to justify picking another back, even for Jackets.

Being from Hobart I’m all for drafting a local boy but geez that would have to be one of the worst highlights packages I have ever seen.

1 Like

We are looking for players with mid range to backended picks. Most of the time we watch clips from potential first rounders.

Looks like it was all out of one game. And the Allies normally suck whilst WA are usually pretty good. From it, it looks like he knows where he should be putting the ball, but isn’t quite hitting the targets. And looks like he moves pretty well. But I wouldn’t take much out of it one way or the other.

1 Like

It wasn’t a highlights package. It’s his involvement in a single game.

Post-game wrap from AFL Draft Central:

#20 Fraser Turner

The wingman is a great runner and ran hard all day, slotting two great goals on the run at critical times. He had 24 possessions and showed strong hands in the contest. Turner rebounded really well having three for the game and his kicking was solid all day. Turner plays mostly on the wing is a outside damaging player.

1 Like

I cant find much footage of Irving Mosquito, but would we be a chance to nab him? or have Hawks got him completely stitched up? reading that hes insanely talented

1 Like

Not so much any more. Allies are usually pretty consistently solid these days, probably thanks to the enormous numbers of kids who go through NSW/Qld academy programs. WA tend to veer wildly between awesome and sucky from year to year.

2 Likes

Exactly. This is a completely pointless thread.

ANNOUNCE DODORO SPECIAL HBF

There’s a real buzz around him.

5 Likes

He sounds annoying.

3 Likes

counting 5, 4, 3, 2

5 Likes

He’ll coil back and bite soon, fo’ sure …

2 Likes