Pick 34 - Who Do We Take?

Last year only 1 player we drafted was a player I got to see live and that was Trent Mynott, hoping we pick some players I’ve seen a fair bit off this year, not including practise, exhibition and trial games I’ve watched 25 games live and I’m afraid we take too many mature age players that I didn’t watch this year haha

Edit: I saw Zerk and Houlahan once actually

5 Likes

Looking at all the lists coming out from the professionals, pick 34 seems to be a bit of what’s left over. Would it be fair to say the depth in the draft runs to around our pick and after that is becomes a bit more difficult?

Depends on what your mean by depth. I’m not sure I like the looks of some who are considered “top 30”, but there are a few well past there that I reckon look ok.

And always remember this is just a bunch of people’s opinions of how good all these kids are/could be. there will always be a Parker getting to 40 or a Fantasia getting to 55.

3 Likes

I think that’s a pretty good summary of his game, and also maybe why he might last to our pick. If you wanted to be optimistic about his chances Devon Smith would be a good comparison type of a small midfielder being able to translate his game to the AFL.

1 Like

Or a Baguley type.

Or him or Guelf or Hooker or TBC or…

There’s ~half a dozen guys most years who surprise from the bottom end of the draft.

Luckily Disco seems to be pretty good at snaffling them.

1 Like

He’ll need to get stronger, no doubt, but I like that he plays with a physicality that belies his size. Dev Smith isn’t a bad comparison but I see a Touk Miller type of midfielder with his work rate, physicality and natural midfield game.

One question mark I have on him is his forward craft and his goal nous but I haven’t seen his colts performances.

I reckon he’d start as a defensive forward and add minutes to his midfield time season by season.

1 Like

The reality is we have used this and lats years offseasons to bring in 4 best 22 players through trade.

With the crapshoot picks left over after the trades, we would be doing well to find a role player or two.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t say we’ve brought in 4 best 22 players.

I’d say we’ve brought in two top 4 midfielders, an AA HBF and Jakey ‘muthafukken’ Stringer!!

6 Likes

He was talking about best 22 in the entire country.

5 Likes

Sheesh sell me short why don’t you.

Best 22 in the WORLD!

5 Likes

Im full lid off: Best 22 in the multiverse!

5 Likes
1 Like

As much as I enjoy a draft preview, and am appreciative of these folks efforts, I don’t think I learned much.

But thanks for passing it on

Yep, absolute garbage that was.

1 Like

Also, for those interested over at the other site that @THE_DON1 frequents they’ve done a phantom, and foj1 has come with the EFC goods again.

1 Like

Thought it wasn’t bad,from a 12 year old.

Was only made by the owner of ADC :stuck_out_tongue: It’s only a short little preview for each club and name dropping a few players, don’t think every Essendon supporter on social media would be wired to the players that could be available

1 Like

Lol,just joking mate.
Not sure about the inside mid at 34.

1 Like