Pick 34 - Who Do We Take?

I’m sure,…that we don’t ■■■■■■■ need one anywhere in this draft, let alone pick 34

3 Likes

For me it depends on what type of inside mid, we have enough slow inside mids but not many with explosiveness from a stoppage or speed. Shiel fits that now but he is alone in that regard for us.

Sure, but everyone wants inside mids with explosiveness and speed. That’s why they always go early (well the good ones anyway).

3 Likes

Cough cough ZERK! Cough

Input from Sporting News: Mick Stirling. Does this guy know what he is talking about ?

Ruckmen very passé. wtf. Perhaps they should be called tall midfielders, or huge body midfielders then they would be seen in a different light.

====================

Essendon’s likely draftees

With ruckmen being very passé these days it’s possible Victorian tall Bailey Williams will still be available. Technically the Dandenong Stingrays product is a key forward who helps out with the tap work, but that’s only a bonus these days.

If midfielders are still the priority then James Rowbottom or Jack Ross are potentially exciting prospects that should be available.

1 Like

From what I’ve read, I suspect this is one of those drafts where nothing is too obvious after the top dozen and you’re just as much chance to get a very useful player at 60 as 20.

2 Likes

Don’t know much about him, but a tall ruck/fwd would be very handy for our list balance.

82kgs at 203cm is pretty skinny.

1 Like

It’s toothpick thin.

1 Like

Jordan clark has glandular fever. could this be our slider?

half back flanker, you know you want it.

2 Likes

Aw yeah, that’s the real good stuff.

1 Like

Sounds like Christian bock.

We must get Xavier O’halloran.

1 Like

If he is there I will be delighted I think it’s very unlikely he will.

Tested exceptionally and great character.

No chance :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Joe
Stewart
Smack
Brown
Stringer
Hooker
Lavender
And at a pinch, Hurley, Langford, Francis or OldLav.

We need another KPF why, exactly?

1 Like

Lol. Lavender. I don’t think so.

1 Like

The ruck part of it - yes

Joe has OP, Smack who knows, Draper and Lav again who knows.

Plus in 4 years how many of those you’ve listed will be still playing. Bring in an 18 year old now they might be ready to replace the smacks, brown, hooker and Stewart in 4 years.

Draft machine finally up
http://www.afl.com.au/draft/draft-machine

2 Likes