Pick 34 - Who Do We Take?

cheers.

for everything!

Bytel’ s highlights are good. If he is there at our pick wouldn’t be surprised if it’s him. Trained with us over summer and this time last was considered a potential top 10 pick.

6 Likes

Anybody know anything about this kid? His numbers look great and he’s a little older. Expected to go in the early 60s. Might be good for our second pick. Apparently his midfield work is really coming on.

Think he’s a cousin of the bloke that was traded from Gold Coast to Melbourne in the May trade

Someone has already been talking-up Podhajski over on Bigfooty Essendon.

For mine, there were two players I rated last year who weren’t picked up: Kreuger and Podhajski…now this year, Kreuger has already been picked up by Geelong (during trade period), and I’d be feeling very chuffed with my ratings if Podhajski got picked up as well!

1 Like

Looks terrible from an ipad.

1 Like

I went to watch a video, got a Woolworths ad for halloween specials for which the fine print said “on sale to 31.10.2018”

Hang on, Jarrod Cameron is a “smoky”?

Few odd things to take from the draft machine, Zac Foot listed as a defender for one when he has played on the wing all year. Fund thing is the draft projection last year on the draft machine was mostly pretty spot on.

1 Like

What’s the knock on Ely Smith? People say he should be available at our first pick but his highlights look better than half of the top 20s. He’s a must if available. Has a bit of Tom Mitchell about him, great clearing handballs.

1 Like

Very late call up for the champs - just the one game, which was fantastic.

Apparently tested well, which somewhat surprised people.

Some concern that he’s a bit of a man child, and questions about how his game stacks up against men.

2 Likes

Oh yeah and it’s not just his “highlights”, that VC game he was really good. (See giantroos cut of his game)

1 Like

Jack Bytel looks very good in his package. Midfield natural. Kicks both feet. Side step. Looks to stand slightly back from the ruck contest to read the ball.

Ely Smith looks like a classic first possession Ruck Rover. Good handball as others have noted. Looks strong in the tackle.

I would be very happy if we managed to draft either at 34.

I also liked the look of Hugo Munn as a Key Fwd to develop and would be happy if we drafted him with our pick in the 60s.

Now to look at the HFs to see if there is a value sneaky late pick due to his “size”.

2 Likes

For 34 I think I would be happy with any of ohallaran, smith, bytel or rowbottom.

4 Likes

Do you mean physically or an attitude thing?

I like the look of Tom Sparrow as a possible bargain pick in the 60s to late.

This is 100% my thoughts also.

Physically.

1 Like

Rowbottom can’t kick.

Interesting angle. There’s a few who have put him up as their choice at our pick