Pick 34 - Who Do We Take?

Top 100 for average rankings points in the championships with a few other key stats to look at

7 Likes

E.Smith kicking efficiency…28.6% - very poor, interested to see the context of most of the kicks as to whether it’s a decision making or technique issue. Assume this is the reason why he’s seen to be around the pick 30 mark.

Avg.30 dips in the champs games is elite accumulation numbers though.

Interesting 12 contested possession - 18 uncontested ratio.

Next part

That is also just for a single championships game, can check his stats for TAC on ADC aswell

3 Likes

Interesting. 7 kicks, and none of them ended up with the opposition, but “28%”. Whereas in one game Duursma puts about 10 kicks down opponents throats, but he’s 63%

2 Likes

It’s a “roost it out of a pack to a contest issue”. Actually little in the way of kicks in open play to judge on in the one champs game. May be a beautiful kick off both feet, or an absolute butcher, but those stats won’t tell you.

I actually think not running to the right places to link up, and not getting any “easy” ball, might be a problem. Sort of like Lonergan, who was fine in the contest, but only ever got it 15 times a game at AFL level because he never got it outside the contest.

We wouldn’t have expected someone at 79 to change a club either. We don’t know enough to be able to make a good judgement? A lot of simple things can be rectified with some good coaching.

So if only a third of players are playing over 100 games, I think my use of “average” in the non-statistical sense is pretty fair. There is a 67% chance of a bust, with a ~40% chance of playing less than 20 games (which probably means reasonably quick delistment).

The reality is, unless you nail a pick in the top 30% of picks, then you’re getting someone who won’t assist the list regardless of their position. And if the criteria of success goes up from 100 games to say 160, you’ve got to be in the top 20% of good picks.

When is the draft actually on? I’m not going on the the AFL website

as if Mr AFL Live Pass Gold Member.

Next week - Thursday and Friday. Unless we trade a pick then Essendon are up on Friday.

1 Like

I’m only an AFLX Gold Pass member

4 Likes

Lol

THE_DON1 What are your thoughts on Riley Bowman?

from the other thread

Some perhaps available at 34

Luke Valente
Tom Sparrow
Jez McLennan

amongst others

Tom Lewis might be an option later on, Sturt boy who would have played with Zerk and Houlahan

Don’t mind him, his best is good and worst is bad. Moves well and is a pretty smart footballer. Needs to be tougher and demand the ball more as a big man and his ruck work still needs some work

I like Lewis a lot. Seemed pretty instrumental for SA against VM. Tested well at the state combine for endurance and agility. 180cm may be slightly short for his role, but looks well put together. I noticed you liked him when chasing info about him! :slight_smile:

James Stewart?

Is he the stick ?

Would be keen to see those numbers if you could get them…?