Pick 34 - Who Do We Take?

Nah, you nailed it.

It’s 6pm.
How much more tonight does it have to be?

Who is Tom Lewis? Age is linking us to him

They must have read my post on here haha

1 Like

There’s a whole lot of “pocket profiles” there…

Keep instep, because you are the arch-offender

1 Like

He looks like a low skilled hard nut. Not much different to Slattery. Nothing impressive in those highlights for mine

2 Likes

Disco WILL take someone no one has talked about

5 Likes

We have spoken to Jack Ross 3 times during the year. Found out from a close friend of the family. Don’t how often we speak to players. He has also had interest from the swans.

1 Like

Good selection late in the draft, should fit in the 50-70 range

They aren’t highlights, they’re all of his involvements in that game. The impressive thing is the winning of contests, and how often he won tough contests and the ball ended with a teammate in a better position.

1 Like

#44 Jack Ross (Oakleigh Chargers/Vic Metro)

Ross is an interesting player to place. He just received a State Combine invitation, but looking at his overall profile, there is not a lot of deficiencies in his game. He is consistent, a leader, uses the ball pretty well, wins clearances, goes in hard, runs both ways and just gets the job done, week-in, week-out. There are not too many State Combine invitees who get drafted in the top 50 – usually one per year on average, but Ross could be that player. His ability to play a multitude of roles through the midfield helps, and he is more readymade than most to stand up against senior bodies. A good mid-draft prospect.

AFL Draft Central

2 Likes

Bit of a plodder. One paced midfielders without outside games aren’t welcome unless you can go inside and dominate and create. He hasn’t got that… Lightyears between Ross and Smith. Not one for us.

1 Like

I like the look of Sampson. With time and development, he could turn into Zaharakis or better.

5 Likes

When raz cops an injury we’re ■■■■■■ for small forward depth. We simply must get 2 that can play there or wing. Far more pressing need than the big body midfield for 5 years from now.

17 Likes

Yes Green and Coyler need to be replaced
As we look like rooking Clarke there are enough draft our club will focus no doubt on recruiting a midfielder and 2 to 3 small forwards. I still like Nick Hind as he blistering pace.
Many on this site have forgotten that Zaharakis was killing them until he was crunched by Nankervis and Conca
If we draft just one more class player who fits in our best 22 with no injuries we can be premiers

2 Likes

I hope we get Sydney Stack, Nick Hind and Matt Parker

2 Likes

Agreed

And given we are in the now I wouldn’t put it past us looking at best available mature ager for that.

I’ve not been following who may be available but if there is a Liam Ryan (pick 28 in 2017) type player there who can immediately impact we might do it.

If not at 34 then definitely someone at 66 which should move up based on academy/FS points for picks being used up. And WC got Willie Rioli (pick 56 in 2016).

Having the players capable of fwd pressure is vital in modern game