Pick 34 - Who Do We Take?

Lewis looks a nuggety Howlett-type, I feel if we go for a blue collar midfielder at 34 it says a lot about how we rate Clarke and Mutch.

Small Forward depth was almost non existent this year and now with Green, Jerrett and Colyer gone with Baguley and Long likely to follow them at years end and with question marks remaining on Laverde and Houlahan, who are more medium marking types, it makes us even more reliant on an injury prone Fantasia and Walla who, thankfully, has so far been quite durable (knock on wood).

The last thing I want is to be forced to disrupt our emerging, but still vulnerable midfield by being forced to play some of them forward because we decided to add some blue-collar midfielders instead of shoring up an obvious weakness.

12 Likes

Williams, Parker, Pickett and Cameron in the ND, Neagle in the RD and that Irish small as a Cat B would be my dream draft. A tall forward/ruck to develop, two small forwards, a fast back, a mature winger and a bunch of Irish potential.

4 Likes

That’s my ideal draft. If Williams is unavailable I’d go with Stack, if they are both unavailable, Cameron at 34 (I think he might require the high bid to secure anyway) and Kemp late.

I feel we need a speedy HBFer as back up for McKenna and Saad. Neagle and the Irish guy, Morrisey both options, though they might not be ready-to-go.

1 Like

WILL or WILL

definitely wouldn’t be suggesting Lewis at 34. Late or rookie. But looks a goer.

I am completely in agreement with everyone who is keen on small forward/outside wing types.

Has there been any string interest from other clubs for Pickett?

Just got around to looking at this one (highlight obviously). Seems to hit targets off both feet. And that goal at 1:25-1:37 is fantastic!

"Hayden Sampson
South Australia/South Adelaide
02/03/2000 Height: 177cm Weight: 67kg

Small forward/midfielder who is skilful, elusive and quick. Creative player who is a good decision-maker and smart reader of the ball off hands. His father, Clay Sampson, played with Melbourne, Adelaide and Richmond however doesn’t qualify as a father/son selection"

4 Likes

Agreed… would seem to me to be a very good fit for our needs.

FMD, have they got the work experience kids watching O’Halloran. No clue.

1 Like

Is the draft machine thing on the AFL site working?

depends on your definition of working…

1 Like

I not getting any players displayed.

yeah, I get the same.

1 Like

So pick 34… Who are we getting?

James Jordan

(Note I just chose a name that hasn’t been mentioned)

agree
Nick Hind will be lucky to be around at pick 34 I reckon

1 Like

Yeah nah. Poor runner (shuffler), lacks tricks, engine and athleticism doubtful. Good kick though. Probably becomes a Brownlow winner.

Coming from bush land footy, very late to TAC football so still plenty to work with, actually tested better than I thought he would.

1 Like

I feel like @Scorch only likes about 2 players in the whole draft.

5 Likes

Td1 given the players that will he hid on before we pick - Blakey, west,quaynor, Thomas etc is our pick likely to move up or down?