Pick 34 - Who Do We Take?

Fair enough. I literally knew nothing about him, just read some profiles and picked a guy who was suggested late by others, bit who could be perceived as having done “upside”, which Dodoro might go for.

Hopefully those 2 are guns and we end up with them!

Just imagine if Dodoro pulls out a Luke Parker type with his “Dodoro Special” this year.

common spot would be around pick 36-39 with bids

I’m not TD1 and haven’t looked at it, but history suggested that bids come a few picks later than their “value”, so it wouldn’t surprise if one or 2 push beyond our pick.

(On a side note - On what I’ve seen Blakey would be close to my #1, just has “it”. Reckon hell end up Hird like)

Nah. The 20 year old Canadian who had played half a season of footy in a substandard comp was a far better prospect.

3 Likes

Especially if he interviews well.

2 Likes

It might mean the later picks move up though as clubs bunch picks together to tally the points to match a bid right?

I was thinking if swans have to use 26 and 28 for Blakey and dogs 27 and 32 for west we could actually move up from 34? However the pies with quaynor and Roos with Thomas will prob offset this.

What sort of bid will West require though?

With Blakey, Quaynor, Kelly, West, Briggs, McFadyen and Scott bidded before our pick ours comes out to pick 36, no matter what we won’t go to 33 or lower

1 Like

$20 that Dodoro makes a bid on Ben Silvani to make carlscum match it.

$20 that dodoro picks some kid who every other club rated as a rookie pick at 34

12 Likes

My dream -
34: Smith/Bytel
68: Woodcock
86: Cavarra
Rookie: Nick Hind.

Probably completely wrong, but it looks good.

i’ll do you 1 further.

odds on it being a player @THE_DON1 has nfi who they are?

2 Likes

That’s quite bold of you.

2 Likes

As a reminder of recent second rounders;
Ridley & Begley
Morgan & Redman
Laverde
Zerrett
Jerrett
Kavanaugh

Disco’■■■■■ rate’s not too shabby. And with the possible exception of Fridge, all reasonably known, (Morgan was well rated before he took time away from footy).
Might prove the adage - “You pick one Steinberg …”

(“Disco apostrophe ■■■■■” is now blocked by the swear filter - in the name of the immortal ■■■■ Reynolds!!!)

Laverde and Kavanagh weren’t 2nd rounders. Our 2nd round pick in Kavanagh’s year was Jerrett (pick 31). You’ve also for some reason skipped Ashby who was exactly pick 34.

1 Like

end of first round, start of 2nd round, same ■■■■… probably.

1 Like

Haiden Schloithe

1 Like