Pick 34 - Who Do We Take?

These stats mean almost nothing, though.

2 Likes

Hate to burst the Dodoro love bubble…
But it wasn’t solely Dodoro’s choice.
Nathan Bassett who coached Orazio the year before highly recommended him. It’s unsure if he was on our radar before getting Bassett.

1 Like

Here is news… almost every player we pick up will have someone who recommended them. Plenty of spotters around.

While talent spotting is really important, the real trick is listening to all the opinions and making the right choice.

3 Likes

No ■■■■.
Whilst I agree, it has a greater sense of importance when the guy who coached him for two years is a highly rated assistant coach, was a very successful coach at SANFL level and is now on your coaching panel.

1 Like

Cheers for the insights. Have you seen much of Fraser Turner? Could be an option if we’re keen on some more outside run.

1 Like

One of the better natural wingmen and one of the youngest in this years draft crop.

1 Like

Right footed Murdoch type. Not a good enough kick and far too outside. Went at 50% by foot at the champs. Can rack em up and has a tank and a bit of toe. 1 tackle for the entire champs tells its own story around someone who doesn’t have a defensive side and can’t get th contested pill either. Not one for us.

4 Likes

Fair enough
point taken
Lets just hope that we get another brilliant fast forward to replace Coyler and Green in this draft
I am hoping we draft Nick Hind who could possibly play that role

Nick could definitely play the Colyer role and more but if we don’t rate him high enough to take him with our first then I doubt he will be there for our second.
If we’re having a tilt then it’s a no brainer for mine.

1 Like

You an believe the AFL’s redefinition of numbers if you choose - for comparative and statistical purposes I’m sticking with a mathematical definition as to who is first & who is second round.

1 Like

Can’t kick. Outside players who can’t kick don’t play.

Small forwards all the way this year.

Cameron, Stack, Hind!

1 Like

On the draft machine also check the highlights for other small forwards McHenry, Smallwood and Sampson. Not a bad draft for these types

3 Likes

Danny Younan worth a shot as a rookie? could replace Coyler and Green.

Is the draft tomorrow?

I wish it was earlier, so the list is finalised for the start of preseason.

I hope we draft Hind

Agreed. McHendry looks an annoying type, is he expected to be gone?

Nope.

3 Likes

Like McHenry. Kids got swagger. Yapper who backs it up. Similar to Higgins but with a better side step. Unlikely to be available at our pick I would’ve thought.

1 Like

Absolutely not.

1 Like