Pick 34 - Who Do We Take?

What Cal Twomey thinks …

4 Likes

My preference would be a quick winger with good ball delivery as #1. If the club thinks Riley will get there, then a small forward, followed by tall prospect ruck and/or fwd.

In GWS’s write-up he has dropped:
“while they could also have a look at Matt Neagle , who can join Essendon as a father-son rookie but the Bombers have no hold over him in the national draft.”

What sort of name is Marion.
Is he the Pickett that wants to kill people or a forwardy goal type

Old heresmynose

Can’t see us taking another ruckman unless we have serious questions about Draper.

Otherwise it’s curtains for him

Been done yet?

16 Likes

Wat da ferk

TD1 thanks for sharing. I see you have Sparrow listed inside the top 40. And Twomey mentioned his name in relation to the second round. I guess it means he wont be around for our second pick.

I also note that Twomey said Smith has received an invitation to the draft on Thursday night suggesting that he’s a chance to be picked earlier than first thought. Assuming that he’s not available to us, is Bytel then the obvious choice, or does someone like Sparrow feature instead?

26 players have now been invited to the draft and I highly doubt all 26 go before our pick, at this stage it’s anyones guess who could fall or who we could take, although I have Sparrow there I don’t think he goes that early but I also think he won’t get to our 2nd but who knows.

2 Likes

how can it be a phantom draft when you go ‘yeah they’ll probably pick someone’ NAME ALL 100 PLAYERS CAL

Interesting. Rankine obviously dynamic, what’s the thinking with the Kings and game style, do you see them both as KPFs long term?

But we really need a forward/ruck.

M.King = Daniher
B. King = Mix of Rance/McGovern/Hooker

They are genuine top end stars with their game sense, marking, speed, athleticism and skill. Their only flaw is that they will spray a few set shots haha

Although Ben played mostly forward when Max went down i still think Ben would be best suited as a key defender, when he plays CHB he reads it so well and he can be an impossible wall to get past, he had 20 disposals playing CHB for the academy against Norths VFL team earlier in the year.

1 Like

I’ve seen a very very limited amount of u18s this year, but if I had pick 1 I simply cannot picture myself even considering taking anyone other than Lukosius.

5 Likes

Whilst I agree, the only negative I can think of is if he doesn’t get off to a great start and ends up looking like an average tall like McCartin, Weitering, Schache or Boyd. They all can still be as good as Hawkins, but talls do come with a lot of risk.

I saw a whole lot of all of those guys as juniors. Lukosius poos on all of them. Of that batch, only Weitering was worth the #1 pick, and Fark Carlton have ruined him.

4 Likes

I see that Cal has listed Laithan Vandermeer as someone we may be interested in with one of our later picks.

Anyone know much about him?

Had a look at his highlights in the Draft Machine and the bloke has some serious wheels, along with a decent sidestep and agility. Kicking action is a little awkward but he finished top 5 in the kicking comp in the combine, for whatever that’s worth.

Likely another HBF/back pocket type but could be a decent late pick. Seems a bit similar to Neagle though, so I dunno if we’d go with both.

Im not a huge fan of Vandermeer, he is very small and light and his contested side needs a bit of work. He does move very well though and usually makes good decisions. Would prefer Neagle of just a highlights package haha

1 Like