Pick 34 - Who Do We Take?

Unfortunately I think all
Of ohallaran, Williams and smith will be gone.

I’d be happy with bytel if his back has the all clear. His 2017 was too good to ignore.

4 Likes

Pull yourself together, man!

2 Likes

Can’t. Just so drawn to him

1 Like

Blinded by him perhaps .

1 Like

According to Cal

“ The Dockers have shown a little interest in local mature-ager Tobe Watson , a 20-year-old defender for Swan Districts.”

Why am I picturing Jobe with a moustache and fake glasses?

21 Likes

Because that was how @Bomb_Doe made him look pre being available as an 18yo (which coincided with Jobe’s suspension?

Think i can get around Laitham Vandermeer. His style seems like it would fit in nicely. He’s a bit like a poor mans Andy McGrath but with a longer kick. Really good at scooping the ball up and stepping around his man.

Anybody got an opinion on him? I’ve only seen what’s on the draft machine.

See post #922 above by @the_don1

1 Like

Oh ■■■■ thanks mate. Don’t know how i missed that. I did have a read through to see if he was mentioned.

Rowbottom, Smith or Bytel.

Leaning Rowbottom as I can picture him kicking goals from the goal line vs the filth for some reason.

This will help us move up the order. Hopefully with these type of things happening our 66 might get into low 50’s

2 Likes

I was listening to the Lystics podcast…and they were claiming that there are some tactics around academy bids, that are now in play due to live trading:

• Eg. If you are about to bid on another club’s academy player, give them a phone call before you do it, to see if they want to trade up for your pick. That allows them to get in one more quality player, before they see their picks knocked out with matching bids.
  • Eg. Even when the bid is announced for an academy player, the club that is supposed to match that bid will still given time to talk to other clubs, to explore trading their picks down to later in the draft in return for more points, before making the match.

I don’t know if this information is correct, and these tactics are in fact allowable…maybe these scenarios will be uncommon…but if they are correct, it suggests to me that live trading will help to maximise the advantages of academy/father son discounts…and further compromise the draft.

2 Likes

To TD1, Scorch and HM. Do you think Sampson is a chance to be available at our second pick? I really liked the look of his highlights.

1 Like

Hind, Neagle and Vandermeer are all pretty similar, considering we’ve nominated Neagle as a rookie only, I’d suggest the other two might be back ups in the event that someone (GWS) poaches Matty

1 Like

I see Ben becoming a player like Harris Andrews. Probably CHB version opposed to a FB though.

Have we got Ben Duscher yet?

3 Likes

I’m the wrong person to ask, sorry. Just haven’t seen enough this year to know most of the players or have justifiable opinions. Whoever we draft on Friday, I’ll be saying ‘who the fark is that?’ and looking him up in the draft machine with everyone else on here…

2 Likes

He is a chance for sure, he is one that could also go undrafted aswell but still a lot to like.

1 Like

Watch yours truly take part in this, should be fun

5 Likes

ONE MORE SLEEP

LETS HOPE THERE IS ONE (HIDDEN) JEWELL AMONGST OUR SELECTIONS

1 Like