Pick 34 - Who Do We Take?

Absolutely pointless listing a bunch of sliders. It’s Dodorro, you want know any of the three he picks. Has never picked a slider in his life.

3 Likes

Houlahan and Mynott where considered sliders, Houlahan was talked up as someone who would go in the 20s for a lot of the year, Mynott in the 30s

3 Likes

Yeah but you have heard of everyone :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

We all know Dodoro loves a speculative pick in the 2nd round with an emphasis on upside and an apparent disdain for stodgy inside types, who do we recon fits the bill?

Bonus points for skinny HBFs? Or has he moved on to medium forwards with midfield potential?

3 Likes

Not when it’s his first pick.

He only does that when he’s flush with picks.

Josh Kemp! :stuck_out_tongue: Not many skinny back flankers this year, Will Hamill from Dandenong maybe but he can play anywhere.

1 Like

What’s Cassidy Parish doing these days?

Werribee vfl

Who’s this Harry Reynolds I keep hearing about?

I thought you might say Kemp :joy:

Reynolds comes from school footy and played for Sandringham late in the year, started at half back and then moved into the midfield when finals came around. Clean player and a nice height and potential to improve his lightish frame. Skills and speed are neat without being outstanding.

Just the way He likes them.

Brighton Grammar connection too, I see

All Harry needs is a tenuous link to Dickk Reynolds and he is an absolute lock at 34

1 Like

@THE_DON1 Hoping Ned McHenry slips through to 34, like him as a pressure fwd. Any other sml forwards who are a chance to go around our 1st pick?

Seems like there might be quite a few taller midfielders around the pick.

I’m hoping that McHenry won’t get found out for his lack of speed at AFL level, despite his high workrate and intent he isn’t as quick as someone like Tippa so his effectiveness in that role might be a query, he is every chance to get there though I see his range in between 30-40.

Toby Bedford and Irving Mosquito would be ideal but both are tied to other clubs academies :frowning: Tyrone Smallwood is another good small forward but lacks top speed similar to McHenry.

Hayden Sampson from SA moves well, Boyd Woodcock had a strong finish to the year playing SANFL seniors but looks a rookie prospect.

Jake Gasper and Charlie Wilson both dominated as small forwards in the TAC and both have enough tricks but again topline speed is lacking.

1 Like

If you’re looking for a high pressure small forward in this years draft who has speed, you can’t go past Matt Parker. Mature ager ready-to-go, tall-small type, has the tricks and tackles like a MFer

2 Likes

It’s very unlikely that we’ll take a mature age player at 34.

Every player on our list doesn’t need to be ready to play AFL football. We need to develop some kids. We must get a couple of 18 year olds for list balance.

1 Like

Although I agree we need to add a small forward and probably a wingman to our depth Im sure Dodoro will go best available kid at 34. He would be combing the mature leagues for a pressure forward.

At pick 34 (a second round pick) in a strong draft, we should be able to get a promising 18 year old.

Leave the mature age players for our fourth round pick and the rookie draft.

Edit: Begley was taken at pick 31, Zerk-Thatcher was pick 66, Redman was pick 30, Fantasia at pick 55. There’s plenty of quality kids there at our first pick.

1 Like

Um yeah, that’s what I said.

Do the Hawks have any points left to match a mosquito bid?

Parker is 22. If he is a success, you’d have him for 10 years.

Pickett is significantly older, but we really need depth on the outside and could provide that immediately, while being versatile in his roles. You wouldn’t complain about his age if he immediately cracked the best 22.

Finally, any kid could be a bust. Houliham was our first pick last year and looks off it. Whearas Zerk and Gielgud look good and we’re a bit older.

Based on what I’ve read, I’d love Parker and Pickett with our first two picks.