Pick 48

its actually the closest to disco…

Missing a “Vanilla Plodder”

2 Likes

And half back flanker who we see as a midfielder in the future

4 Likes

come on you got Tippa

If your taking about the draft machine that’s only players they could be bothered getting footage for Haha

So how many selections will we be taking in this years draft?

Minimum 2. Maybe we’ll take 3. My guess is we’ll just take 2 and we’ll get an extra rookie

2 Likes

Is Anderson an EFC fan? A combo of Worpel and Hayden with our first two picks would be incredible.

3 Likes

Dees

1 Like

Thanks. I wondered if he did the old supporters bias of getting the targets to our picks in the mock draft scenario. Perhaps we’re a chance then.

Agreed. I really like the 3 he’s got us drafting. Hopefully something similar on Friday night.

2 Likes

@THE_DON1 what’s the knock on Alex Martini. Looks a good quality solid mid who doesn’t necessarily do anything brilliantly, but also does little wrong?

We’re so getting Andrew MacPherson:

“Graduate of NAB AFL Academy who is a medium defender that missed the entire NAB AFL U18 Championships due to a persistent quad injury. Impressive performer early in the year at club level and also in the NAB AFL Academy 20th year celebration game at the MCG in April. Injury-riddled throughout this season but has impressed clubs with his professional approach and can be played off half-back or in a midfield position.”

6 Likes

It’s baffling that people are against the idea of picking up a young kpf in this draft.

By the end of last year we had Daniher, Hooker and Stewart playing in the firsts, with only McKernan as depth, and he’s hardly the future. While our first choice forwardline is great, we have zero key forwards in development roles right now*. In fact it’s probably the area on the list with the least amount of depth.

While any young draftee would probably take a few years to get up to speed, if any of the above players were unavailable for a significant length of time, we’d be forced to either steal a Bellchambers or one of the key backs from their usual roles or otherwise try to shoehorn one of the mid sized players into a more key position role. Neither fills me with confidence as a long or medium term solution.

If there was a young key forward who the recruiters rated available at any of our picks I’d be jumping on it.

*I’m not including Lavender in this discussion as he hasn’t played footy in years and is coming from a lot further back than any other recruits. The fact is most of these sorts of players don’t make it and there’s not much point including him until he’s actually played a competitive game at any level.

8 Likes

I’d rather not disclose…

Because picking up forwards that low in the draft would have a success rate of about 0.1%.

And unless the forward can move like Joey or Stewart they will be extinct from the game soon enough.

1 Like

So you can’t pick key forwards with early or late picks now. Sucks to be them I guess

Bucky is talking about a bloke from the west called HAYDEN SCHLOITHE. A mature aged mid. Anyone know much about him?

I know I want to hear SWSNBN try to say his name.
Does that help?

11 Likes

Oh dear. Imagine the saliva projectiles.

1 Like