Pick 48

I think most people that are saying a KPF is a priority want to play Hooker in defence. Personally I want Hooker to stay forward.

1 Like

Time to go back to the well and grab a Frankston HBF

1 Like

Its only going to get worse. I know our club doesn’t even refer to the old traditional positions (CHF, CHB, HFF, RR etc). They are roles. Role 1, Role 2 etc etc.

Each role has some specific and usual things it must do. Depending on the tactics needed for the day a role might also be assigned other duties.

On the H-S headline email (I don’t get the paper but they send me the emails), the main headline is that someone projected to go in thetop few isn’t in Gary Buckenara’ top 15 or so.

How is that football news? Or news at all?

4 Likes

It’s worse than that. They’ve started calling him “Bucky”

3 Likes

Reckon they will go tall with 48. Hugh Dixon or Jackson Ross. Mature mid late.

Mason Fletcher F\S 2018 draft

I can’t wait!
Reality is it’ll be 2019 if he’s ready to go like his Dad, 2020 if he’s just regular good.
Hurley will be turning 29/30, Hooker would be turning 31/32 (if moved back). We need to be planning for more than just Mason. With a touch of luck we can pick up another someone who can help out in 2019, a stroke of genius and they can help out next year.

The strength of next year’s tall crop has been talked up for a while. Not sure whether that strength runs deep or is concentrated at the very top end though (cos if we have a top 10 pick next year something’s gone horribly wrong).

We may have half an eye on providing for our kpp succession planning with next year’s draft.

1 Like

Centre half forward? That’s full forward, my friend, and don’t you farkin’ forget it… centre half forward indeed.

1 Like

Bumping my own post because it’s relevant. We have very few young talls. I see KPF as our next need, not critical to take this year, but definitely need to draft one in 2018.

3 Likes

I know Hayden blitzed the vertical leap tests…but it’s a measurement that I struggle to get excited about.

What value is it to a mid?

I mean, I already watched Kyle Hardingham jump impressively, but never really rule the AFL.

1 Like

Draft kpf as priority then turn them to defenders if need be.

1 Like

There can never be enough “Player X - forward or back?” arguments on Blitz.

I find Tim Watsons views regarding the on field activities at Essendon usually pretty far off the mark. The inner workings of the club he has some knowledge, but some of his comments regarding the on field stuff i wonder if he even watches half our games.

1 Like

Really, i’d back Tim Watson’s knowledge of our game against any blitz bozo. Knowledge gained over 300 games as a premier midfielder, covering the game for 7.

This site gets farken sillier and sillier.

5 Likes

I disagree but appreciate your un-bias analysis.

1 Like

I might have been a bit strong, agree to disagree.

I don’t listen to SEN to have an opinion.

I would have thought he would watch a lot of our games though with the level of involvement he’s got with the club.

More that he played a very deep, traditional full forward role. Joe was excellent playing CHF.

1 Like