Pick 48

balta, constable, petrucelle and garner - dps would it absolutely floor you if any of the above were available at 48?

Correct mad Essendon Supporter his Mum is also Carlton.

Garner and Petruccelle won’t suprise me but the other 2 would. Constable I doubt gets past swans and Blues 2nd rounders. We will take Balta if he slides

2 Likes

That may be the first time on this site that “Fark Carlton” doesn’t seem appropriate.

1 Like

I’m just going to sit here watching the Narrier highlights over and over until we draft him. Straight through traffic, super clean pick up, accelerate away, hit fwd on chest. Massive pack grab. Eddie Betts special goal from boundary. Repeat.

[quote=“Bomber_Billy, post:600, topic:11677, full:true”]
I love their contested attributes but not too sure how the recruiting team will be about picking up both Worpel and Cassidy if they have atrocious footskills, when we already have Clarke. I get the feeling that drafting is not always about drafting the best player but the best ‘player type’ that you are trying to mould your playing group around. E.g. Other than the Clarke selection last year we have placed a huge emphasis on any players who can kick the footy well.

Or maybe we select them both and back our development teams to lock all Worpel, Cassidy and Clarke in the hanger until they can kick at an acceptable level. Either way we need inside players so it’s either this draft or we have to target Sloane, Wines types in the trade/FA/draft period next year.

If Jackets is not already talking to their managers now he is not doing his job.

No way are Worpel’s footskills in the same bracket as Parrish’s

1 Like

I hear he has no groin at all. His legs start just below his ribs. May still be there at our third pick.

Let’s keep this momentum going!

That’s what cassidy is good at, has his brothers quick hands from what iv’e seen. Remember jobe in his first good season at essendon barely ever kicked and was still very effective.

It’s a very different game now compared to when Jobe started. Turnovers punish you infinitely more than they used to.

1 Like

I’m going to guess Worpel goes to hawthorn at 43.

Then suddenly becomes a great kick…

Mate have you shared your predictions on who we will take?

Doubt it. They rarely take poor kicks.

They rarely take anything in the draft.

1 Like

The loudest noise I’ve heard for our picks have been Kyron Hayden and Tom De Koning but that might not be at 48 it might be at the next pick

We would have no idea who would slide so I’ll stick to us taking best available to us

2 Likes

What time does it start?

Any word on if the guy that kicked a tonne of goals in the TAC cup GF Gryan Miers is going to be drafted. He is a pretty exciting small forward but haven;t heard his name mentioned anywhere.

About pick 47 …

9 Likes

Tends to be in phantom drafts around the 30-40. Apparently tested poorly, but can also play football.

Is he Luke Herrington or Tom Rockliff??