Pick 48

Whatever happens all this talk about who we might pick is pointless. It’ll be some bloke we’ve never heard of. Guaranteed

3 Likes

So an ex-north player you reckon?

1 Like

I’ve watched over 150 players for this draft if he isn’t a player I know then yeah we are in trouble haha

Now that’s just unfair and inaccurate.

Lots of people know who North players are.

They meet so many people while going door to door selling M&Ms to fundraise, after all…

5 Likes

Most pundits in their phantom draft have us taking Worpel,

Don’t care if his foot skills are average just need him to win clearnaces and contested balls and then feed it to the likes of Parish,Merret etc on the out side.

If we can teach Jobe to kick then anyone can be fixed. He was terrible early by foot but turned it around through hard work. If Parish or Worpel suit the type of player we need then draft them and back the coaches in to get them right. Any player available at 48 is going to have some sort of knock on them.

2 Likes

Lol, I don’t know a thing about worpel but if he can’t kick you won’t get a gig at Essendon. Why do you guys think bird was delisted. He’s hard enough. He can win a clearance. But has zero foot skills. The modern game is all about skill and pace. If you don’t have 1 of the two at least, your in trouble

4 Likes

Picking players blitzers never heard of. That would 90% of the potential draftees.
If you want draft info look elsewhere.
Are all AFL fan sites this ■■■■ poor?

Worpel can learn footskills though… we going through the process of turning Clarke into Gary Ablett you know…

1 Like

You can have the silkiest skills in Australia but it makes no difference if you can’t get your hands on the ball.

1 Like

If we are going to select a midfield bull who just slams it on the boot, Worsfold may have to resort to a 6 man forward line

thats called a outside player. Not everyone has to be a contested beast

Mick Turner pumps up about 16 kids a year. He must be paid on commission.

2 Likes

You seem like you’d be a lot of fun at parties.

3 Likes

I don’t see horrendous kicking with Worpel. Looks very serviceable.

1 Like

I think all the U18 clubs get bonuses if they get players drafted. No idea where I got that from though, so reasonable chance it’s not true.

1 Like

I agree. I asked the Don about this about 30 posts ago, and he provided some interesting insights.

Kicking generally ok.
Decision making sometimes questionable.
2 years in a row his disposal/decision making better at the champs than in TAC cup.

1 Like

But what about Myers?

Future captain.

When is Rookie draft???

Edit:Monday, November 27 cheers google.

#lazybastard