Pick 48

Still watching Narrier highlights…

1 Like

Worpel vs “Butch” Parish.
Based on very limited vision (unlike last year’s draft, I can’t really be arsed about pick 48)
Worpel’s kicking doesn’t seem too bad, but too much of his game depends on being bigger and stronger than other kids.
I was looking for vision, a sidestep, really clean hands under pressure and didn’t really see much.
Cassidy’s kicking is worse, but at least his reading of the ball / play was very good - in the Parish genes?.
Some of his handballs also looked to set his ream mate up creatively, rather than the vanilla give.
So I’d rather have Cassidy.
Actually I’d rather a Benfti special at 48 and take Cassidy later.
A few references to early Jobe - his skills may have been questionable but his vision / what he was trying to do with the ball was always outstanding. ( I watched a lot of Reserves games in those days).

1 Like

Getting close now.

Seen a bit of “it doesn’t matter, we did our work in October”

Thing is that today we add 2 or 3 new players to our list. Once draft day is over it makes no difference whether they were picked #1 or #101.

Today we get new Essendon players who have the opportunity to become Champions of the red and black. That’s exciting.

8 Likes

Late mail: keep an eye out for Nathan Richards to get passed on by the GWS academy and be available at around our picks

Versatile ruck forward who is late to the sport, came from a basketball background.

I coached him a few years back, nice kid, good family, I just spoke to his Mum

4 Likes

Pick 67

Would you take him ober Dom or sambono?

Forgive me it’s been mentioned but are we using our 3 picks on draftees or are we upgrading Long/Draper ect?

Just looked at his higlights on youtube. That is one big lump of footballer, must be at least 100kg.

GWS passing on him eh?

AFL still not done with making reparations to us just yet then perhaps.

Onya James.

1 Like

Got a touch of the Ryan O’Conner about him.

First pick: AARON SWEET
Second pick: SIBOSADO
Third pick: PUOPOLO

3 Likes

You forgot Waylen

2 Likes

We’ve already upgraded Long, so if we want we only need to take 2 picks today, but could still take 3.

1 Like

Get pretty hot and steamy in the showers at your footy club?

That’s one of the most project pick good family vanilla flavoured white bread names I’ve ever heard. Like.

Dodoro loves those picks.

Can’t wait for some project athletic vanilla type with dodgy disposal and hopes to one day play midfield.

2 Likes

I can’t put my finger on who he reminds me of? Seems to move well and compete willingly.

Yep for sure Dodoro will pick that player over some one like Worpel. Can see another Morgan over Matiheson situation again.

THe big lad in the SANFL.

BAULDERSTONE

2 Likes