Wayne Otway
Origin - WA
Height 168 cm (5 ft 6 in)
Weight 73 kg (161 lb)
Attributes - Pacey mid / fwd, real goer
Negatives - on the shorter / lighter side
Averaged 20 disposals -14 kicks 6 handballs

I really liked him.
We had a lot of unlucky players around that era.

1 Like

Is AFL live pass the only means of watching a video stream…yes my friday night is that lacking.

Jackets says a lot without saying anything

Essendon Football Club will enter the 2017 NAB AFL Draft with the hopes of selecting a draftee that can develop into a key position player over the next few years, according to List and Recruiting Manager, Adrian Dodoro.

The Bombers go into tonight’s Draft with picks 48, 67 and 81.

“We will be looking for the best player available,” Dodoro said.

“We feel that there will be some depth. There are guys late in the Draft that are underdeveloped but have got very high potential.

“It will be determined by what is left after 48 selections, and our second pick is 67 so if we can improve our key position stocks that would be great, if we find a couple of midfielders – that would be fantastic also.

“You’re always looking to strengthen your list, bringing in the three boys (Stringer, Saad and Smith) during the trade period has helped us this year but there is no doubt there is still some work to be done and we think that we can have a really good night tonight.”

With only hours remaining before the Draft begins, the Bombers recruitment team are continuing to research potential player’s and will do so until their first selection.

“At the moment what we are doing is just making sure everything is in place, last minute phone calls to make sure that the boys that we are looking at are all healthy and well,” Dodoro said.

“There is always last minute information that we gather, we never stop but the work is done and we are really confident that we will have a good outcome tonight.”

Essendon can pick up to three players in this year’s draft.

“We are going in with the intention of using all three picks but if we feel that the depth runs out, then we are happy to just take two picks and take two rookies on Monday.”

Is this the official Draft night thread?

Or should i check in the non-essendon Board?

2 Likes

Don’t know if this is the official thread, but this is the trade and draft board, so this is the place for it.

I’ll make a new thread