Pick 48

Have you found any footage? If so, I’d appreciate a link.

Belly
Leuey
Smack
Draper
Lavender

That’s 5 by my count

And if you meant that Smack is gone and you are counting 4, how on earth can we manage to run 3 rucks in the VFL, at least Smack can be effective as a KPF in the VFL, so he is easy to keep without harming the development of the two young rucks.

If you are talking about a ruck prospect who is also a KP forward or back prospect, then I am on board. But the rookie list is the best place to select project players to and has been our pattern for the last couple of years, and with Lavender we may already have made that move.

2 Likes

We really need KPD’s not ruckman.

1 Like

I would say smack is a kpf depth only now, his ruck days are done

Watched him in the WAFL GF and didn’t really stand out for mine, distinctly underwhelming in fact.

I’ll take your word for it

How the fark does he kick 73 goals for the season in WAFL which is strong comp without being a standout however.

I guess small fwds can have their off days

Meh. Whoever.

In Dods & the Footy department we trust.

Will look fwd to reading up on whoever they do.

I tipped Ballantyne to be and AFL footballer 3 years before he was drafted and he kicked 75. Difference I feel is that he did that predominately playing as a 50/50 mid/fwd, Ryan is a pure fwd. Ryan has some skills, no doubt, just don’t know if it will translate to AFL success.

We should have traded 48 for 79…

I remember reading someone from WA saying this Ballantyne kid kicked 70+ goals as a mid/fwd and I wanted him then. I think he went a pick or two before we took Zaka. I also wanted Jackson Trengove and he went a pick or two before Ballantyne (or vice versa). It may well have been you that I was questioning about HB.

I recall Lifetime also gave us the good oil on the young Cale Hooker.

4 Likes

Rather than pick the best mid available I would prefer they pick for needs.

A quick, skilled, defensively minded player to replace Bags if McNiece doesn’t work out would do.

Can’t imagine we are going to find a guenuine mid at that picks so might as well fill a need if we can.

1 Like

Yeah was thinking the same.

1 Like

It’s pick #48 in a weak draft. I’d take whoever they think will actually make it at that pick regardless of position.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s what I was getting at.

Has been talk of the younger Parish but we already sort of have that guy on our list with Clarke.

If we can find a role player instead that might add more value.

Brad Bernacki, Matthew Day, or Charlie Thompson?

Or for KPPs, Harry Petty or Jordan Butts?

Any relation?

2 Likes

Brothers. They also have a sister called Eilykbigg, who married someone with a last name of Anicannotlie, and she hyphenated.

1 Like

lol

Won’t someone think of the StKilda match day whiteboard!!!