Plane crashed into DFO Essendon

Only casualties those on board.

4 US golfers going to king island

Why specifically referred to as golfers?

Probably because they were going to King Island to play golf, and only bringing back dairy products as a sideshow.

Perhaps because they were Americans Golfers?
Expect Trump to mention this as a terrorist attack in Melbourne

But it does not seem that King Island golf courses are not Trump golf resorts

By some miracle, fairly sure everyone survived the one your're referring to, doesn't look like they will here though :(
There was one in the 70s or 80s where a family in a house in Airport West were all killed, bar the father who was at work.

Also one in Niddrie early mid 90’s.

Ipec used to fly loads out of there. Since the late 90’s it mostly been private jets etc using it.

Yeah, Gilbertson St Essendon was the one I was referring too.

Getting to that Italian supermarket on the runway can be hairy, gates get closed for takeoff, but not emergency landing.

By some miracle, fairly sure everyone survived the one your're referring to, doesn't look like they will here though :(
There was one in the 70s or 80s where a family in a house in Airport West were all killed, bar the father who was at work.

Also one in Niddrie early mid 90’s.

Ipec used to fly loads out of there. Since the late 90’s it mostly been private jets etc using it.

Yeah, Gilbertson St Essendon was the one I was referring too.

Ah yeah and no one died in that one. The Niddrie incident I must be thinking of was the murder of that woman infront of her kids.

The Airport West one was in 1978 at 55 Matthews Ave.

Sam Gulle had just sold the house and was moving to Meredith near Geelong with his wife and 4 kids. He got home just after the plane crashed into his house. All 5 in the house, and his mother-in-law, died.

In the 7 years I lived in Essendon, we regularly got fliers about closing the airport.

It’s a funny one. You buy a property that’s cheaper because it’s in not so desirable an area, then ask to have the area rezoned.

But if the airport were to be closed, there’d be room for a new suburb.

Sam Gulle had just sold the house and was moving to Meredith near Geelong with his wife and 4 kids. He got home just after the plane crashed into his house. All 5 in the house, and his mother-in-law, died.

In the 7 years I lived in Essendon, we regularly got fliers about closing the airport.

It’s a funny one. You buy a property that’s cheaper because it’s in not so desirable an area, then ask to have the area rezoned.

Yeah, the lady they interviewed on the news mentioned she’d lived there only 6 months but wanted the airport closed or she’d move - FFS. I remember when I worked in Kilsyth they built a mini estate right next to an animal shelter that had been there for odd 30 years. The new residents complained & sure enough the shelter was shut down.

Moorabbin is just as close to major roads & of course a DFO shopping centre so Essendon isn’t the only airport with dangers. I really hope they don’t close the airport - its already hard enough to get around that area with the amount of existing houses plus ai know some guys who’ve done a lot of flying from there - we don’t need another suburb. You can guarantee if they sell it they will put up thousands of houses with 1 road in & out.

The same people have been trying to shut the airport for years. Seriously, the airport was there before you.
Also I wish Essendon was still “undesirable” so I could actually afford to buy a house where I’m from. :s

Catastrophic Engine failure is the term they are using .. cops etc.

Think it failed, & he turned tight & tried to make a dash for the , (albeit pretty bloody small), rear car park, and hit the rear of the DFO just before reaching it.

Edit: Looks like the rear, I’ve never been, but it only looks big enough for a staff car park.

theres speed bumps everywhere, and natures strips, not an ideal location but better than a building. The part they hit is where the fwy onramp is to go towards the city.

i live very close to DFO Essendon - it looks like the pilot was trying to land on the DFO carpark (which would have been empty at the time) the car park is just past the shops that he hit.

Yeah, the lady they interviewed on the news mentioned she’d lived there only 6 months but wanted the airport closed or she’d move - FFS. I remember when I worked in Kilsyth they built a mini estate right next to an animal shelter that had been there for odd 30 years. The new residents complained & sure enough the shelter was shut down.

Moorabbin is just as close to major roads & of course a DFO shopping centre so Essendon isn’t the only airport with dangers. I really hope they don’t close the airport - its already hard enough to get around that area with the amount of existing houses plus ai know some guys who’ve done a lot of flying from there - we don’t need another suburb. You can guarantee if they sell it they will put up thousands of houses with 1 road in & out.

They did the same to the motor cross track in Kilsyth on Colchester rd

They did the same to the motor cross track in Kilsyth on Colchester rd

And the same to basically every live music venue in the inner suburbs.

Innuendo -riddled media articles - it is always the pilot’s fault. The latest by the Hun, interesting facets found in aircraft . Could be golf clubs.
Too many conflicts of interests in the media sources for reporting.

Only casualties those on board.

4 US golfers going to king island

Why specifically referred to as golfers?

Totally unsubstantiated - I heard today that one of the passengers was FBI, on holiday.

Retired fbi

Retired fbi

Extremely retired now.

Retired fbi

Extremely retired now.

Mob hit??

While being presumptuous, the aviation experts are at odds why the 2nd engine didn’t safely get them down.

Retired fbi

Extremely retired now.

Mob hit??

While being presumptuous, the aviation experts are at odds why the 2nd engine didn’t safely get them down.

Apparently, the feathering mechanism didn’t kick in. ‘Feathering’ is supposed to automatically happen when power is cut to an engine. The prop blades realign so as to not cause drag. Without feathering, that side of the craft would have been acting like an anchor, and almost impossible to control. There is a mechanical overide - which also, apparently, did not work.

From the paths I’ve seen, it looks like DFO (only just barely) sacrificed itself to stop the plane going down onto the freeway or houses opposite.

More wreckage than when that ‘plane’ hit the pentagon or the other one that crashed into a field somewhere on 11/9.

Just sayin’.