“Please Ban Me” - the Review Thread vs Sydney

McGrath, McKenna, Stewart, Hartley, Tippa etc… etc…

1 Like

Who are the etc?

Howlett played 7 games for the year. Big deal. It’s not the difference between wasting a season and not.

Colyer isn’t finished and was clear best 22 prior to his suspension. Do you give up on him? Or put games into him to prepare for 2018?

Myers is contracted for next season. It’s a fair assumption that missing football will impact form and fitness.

Once the club signed on these guys they had to play them. Otherwise what was point?

1 Like

This year is the last of the saga years Time for a reset and start afresh next year.

I saw North kick 10.4 to Adelaide 0.0 in the first quarter of the match in Hobart Check where each team finished Don’t overreact to one quarter or match.

Look forward as Jobe said to a batch of talented players together leading the club forward for the future.

go Bombers and F*** the rest

2 Likes

@paddyl90 ’s reaction to Goddard being pinged for deliberate out… not even mad.

1 Like

The one with the leggings.

This is the only place where one does expect the inquisition.

3 Likes

I’m off. What a ■■■■ flight it’ll be. I’m still so angry. Flat, disappointed. Literally the only good thing that happened was catching up with mates and meeting blitz people.

2 Likes

Nobody is happy with our performance WOB, but you seem to be taking it particularly hard. I’m genuinely concerned.

Might I suggest you have a big feed of comfort food (kfc, pizza etc) or get a root or consume some alcohol/recreational drugs or have a snooze; anything to get you out of the rut you’re in now. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is going to be the big topic of discussion all off season. I think one of the big issues is the ruck. Our midfield has looked at least serviceable when tbell has come to play and been able to provide them some service and follow up around the contest. When he’s been pants our midfield looks second rate and all its weaknesses get highlighted.

there are a few glaring issue to be worked on.

• stopagge set ups when losing the ruck
  • stopping opponents sharking our taps and generally being very effective at stoppages against us.
  • developing consistency in tbell’s game
  • bringing on Draper asap
  • defensive coverage and running
  • adding depth of run
3 Likes

You know why I’m taking it hard? Because since ive grown up we’ve been fkg sh*t. I was 11 when we win in 2000 and everything after that has basically been a joke

So in reality, I’ve never been able to enjoy Essendon being good, at all. Traveled for both finals against north and yesterday to watch us mentally collapse and barely try. I’d give my right nut for a finals win. I crave it. I pray it happens next year. But I’m just fkn deflated. When are we gonna be good? WHEN?

I just want this club to be successful. We all do. But 13 years later and still no finals win, still no midfield, still NFI where we’re going. I’m upset, and I’m angry

11 Likes

Players that established themselves last year?

and on stewart, you’d ■■■■■■ well hope someone you deliberately traded in made it into the team.

1 Like

Playing in a wooden spoon team with no expectations. It takes more than one year to develop a player.

and they’re all in about 23 years old… you want players like this in the team if you’re a million miles off a flag.

its your myers, colyers, kelly, bj, even jobe to an extent.

established players that have stagnated or reached a zenith in their career. Now imo not once has a myers or colyer post r4 shown more than i think we’d get from a young player like mutch/langford/begley.

SOmeone said earlier this arvo/morning we were a bag average middle of the table team before the ban and we’re back there as soon as the bans were lifted. surely something new would be nice. as far as i can remember this last decade we’ve half arsed the rebuild everytime.

2 Likes

Someone said it before…the fish rots from the top.

Body language - I don’t mind players standing separately for the national anthem, but we stood too close, not taking advantage in looking wide and massive, plus we stood with our hands held together in front of our body’s, like we were in church. Pathetic!

**Inspiration / Motivation ** - Not only is Worsfold’s match day coaches box performance highly questionable, his performance in pre-game speech is like a school teacher talking with his whiteboard behind him, and just throwing in a random question here and there, where a player answers just like he’s in a school class.
Then when the players get up and walk out, worsfold’s got his hands in his pockets every time. Pathetic!

Captain - Heppell should not be captain full stop.

Dead wood - There is plenty of dead wood in and around that team on the park yesterday that cannot be in our next premiership window…and standouts from yesterday would have to be Hartley (Always looks like he just got up out of bed,and most plays like it too), Ambrose (Highly overrated), Colyer (Enough already!)

Coaching staff - Boy there’s some duds in there, except for Harvey. Plus Harvey or Bomber would have been far greater match day inspirational, motivational type coaches too.

ISC vs Puma - Richmond get Puma who have delivered the perfect Sash, while we get ISC who have the biggest neck hole,and narrow shoulders with a thin thread of Red sash going over them.
(ISC…see Puma, and trace over to the exact mm please !!!)

1 Like

6 Likes

Surprised the bit about the sash wasn’t further up.

5 Likes

Saving the best till last is most memorable.

Usually you want an impact at the start.

Are you farking kidding?

8 Likes

We luv ya here wob
It’s been a frustrating, upsetting 15 years.
We have got a lot of things wrong as a footy club, just as they looked like turning around, we got more wrong. i think we are on the right path now, we will get there
If Richmond can do it, we can certainly do it
We will do it

3 Likes