“Please Ban Me” - the Review Thread vs Sydney

Body language expert…Must be Dermie

1 Like

Every chance we won’t.

We have become a loser club.

2 Likes

I’m an optimist :+1:

3 Likes

@bomber_girl and I have said it many times, the best part about this club is the supporters and all the characters on blitz. Aside from that we haven’t been remotely good in anything for a very long time. The club needs to stop living in the past.

2 Likes

I REMEMBER WHEN YOU WERE COOL.

5 Likes

Ridicolous the way the Swans just sliced through us with ease.

We rolled over today, when the going got tough, we went missing. Our defence coach needs to go, on talent alone we have more upside than Richmond, yet they are more a cohesive unit. It was a horrible defensive effort, brought on by our insipid midfield pressure.

That 2 minutes when Joey, Heppell and Hurley kicked it out of bounds on the full, probably the worst 2 minutes of footy we have played in our 140 plus years of history. I felt embarrassed.

8 Likes

Would it be so hard to atleast have a dip?
Our form in the last month has been shocking but with a week off and the first final for many you would think they would atleast have a crack.
If the players arent good enough so be it but a lack of want and desire is unacceptable. Our leadership group was diabolical last night and as for the statues in the coaching box FMD.
10 farken goals in 15 minutes in that second quarter. At what point do you think Woosha would think that it might be a good idea to put 15 blokes behind the ball and lock the game down?

8 Likes

The 4 contests in 5 minutes that Hurley stood and watched a bloke worse than Vickery take marks would be right up there

5 Likes

Was super disappointed with that second quarter. Thought we did ok in the first, Zaharakis, Stewart & to a lesser extent Joe missed crucial chances. Finals is about taking your chances & unfortunately we missed the chance to put some scoreboard pressure on them.

When they upped the ante in the second we just couldn’t go with them. We refused to stop Kennedy & Parker waltzing the ball away from the centre & Goddard’s placement as the spare in defence was woeful as he kept ambling in off the square as Sydney kicked the ball over his head. He needed to be deeper & impact against either Buddy or Sinclair. I can’t believe that spud Sinclair tore Hurley a new one. Even given the sheer weight of ball going forward, Hurley needed to be better than that. No doubt he was sore, kept clutching at that shoulder & didn’t seem to be moving like he usually does but if you declare yourself fit…

The only positive I can glean from that game is that as a group, they cannot be under any illusions how far they’ve got to go to be competitive against the best. I’m of the belief that experiencing that finals heat can only improve our resolve over the summer. I didn’t expect finals this year after not only last year, but the mentally crippling 4 previous years. I’m super proud of our club to do what they’ve done this season. If we cannot improve next year, then this experience will be for nothing but I’m confident we will be better for this experience in the long run.

The silver lining of the result is our fixture next year will be “middle six” & with Port also losing, pick 11 in the draft. Begley, Parish, Merrett & McGrath in particular will be better for that experience & some natural improvement from the squad below should see us continue to improve.

For all the cr@p Woosha is copping right now, I think it’s a good thing he’s at the helm. If anyone hasn’t watched his video post game, have a look at it. He says the right things & so far I think he’s done what he said he would. I can tell you the players love him & want to play for him and that being the case I think we’ll rise from this.

I think most footy people acknowledge that Sydney are not a 6th ranked team in this competition. They were ravaged by injury early & lost a few close games. If they won those, they’re in the top 4 & not our problem week one. We were most unfortunate to cop them up front on their home deck and this club has played in 3 grand finals in the past 5 years, they are a hardened finals outfit. We had 60 games of finals experience & the majority of those were in two players, Goddard & Kelly.

I’m disappointed as fk this morning but overall happy with the season.

34 Likes

We should not and we should never be happy with that performance.
We are taking the same type of nice players into the finals and have been getting belted each time. Did we do anything different this time? NO. Did we learn from our past finals appearances? NO.
We play nice players again next year and the same things may happen again.
Stop playing nice players. Go and get some angry players with some grunt, like McKernan. At least Mckernan would have followed the ball after the ruck contest if he didn’t win it. He can block. He tackles hard. Sydney players ran through a lot of our tackles. How many contested marks did we take in the forward half? We have too many outside runners, not enough in and unders.

EssendonFC better not serve up nice players again next year. They better be angry. They better be as competitive as all ■■■■. EssendonFc should not be congratulating themselves on a successful season.

That game yesterday was not acceptable.

2 Likes

Ruthless cull

I don’t feel sorry for myself. Still have the best bit of the Shitney trip - the flight home - to look forward to.

The SCG is exactly like the rest of Sydney - dilapidated, dirty and disorganised, but looks nice in a panoramic postcard photo.

4 Likes

YES.

Even with umps on our side we would still get flogged with that performance.

My favourite part of the day was missing the first 6 Swans goals of Q2 while waiting in line for beer. They kicked their 7th just as I was sitting back down.

#Bombersfinalsmoments.

3 Likes

I agree with all of that. Would like an assistant coach to assist with being a match day coach because I think that is wooshas weakness.

3 Likes

It’s the next day & I think I can face it all now. I too am disappointed but can’t imagine how our boys must feel. We are a few players away from being a top side in the future but we have a great core from which to build. Sydney were simply bigger & better. Great to meet some fellow blitzers yesterday. Very proud of our team this year. Hang it there everyone- pretty sure 2018 will be even better.

3 Likes

Well I can honestly say I never wanted Worsefold as coach and never thought Heppel was right for captain. They are both one paced.
We needed some spark, some fire, some creativity when things start going bad.
We got the same old same old.
The playing list and the coaching panel need a complete overhaul.
And we desperately need a decent development coach before we ruin what talent we have left.

That’s my opinion of yesterday.

2 Likes