Podcast with Simon Madden, Katie Lio and Paul Cousins

On the Podcast we spoke to three Essendon Board Directors Katie Lio, Paul Cousins and the great Simon Madden leading into the Essendon Members Forum. It’s a great insightful listen.

15 Likes

Hmmm not working on my phone.

Link should be working now

1 Like

Sensational CJ!

1 Like

So, how many weeks until they tender their resignation?

5 Likes

By end of week

Ask Paul C if he actually understands what “following through” means?!

The first podcast l have been able to listen to all the way through. Very enjoyable and good to hear the confidence they exude. Leads me to believe we are on the right track.
SMadden in particular was very good and convincing, on the need to have a plan going forward, l prefer to call it a vision, for sustained future success.

l particularly like the drive to have 100 k members by the time the club turns 150. Ambitious, but it is good to have lofty ambitions and it is very doable.

5 Likes

(Very) good stuff.

1 Like

Cheers guys

1 Like

Well done guys. It was great to listen to 3 of EFC board members being interviewed by 2 well informed supporters.
Loved that Simon chose Ry Cooder as his fav muso … he is one of my fav’s too!
Very impressed by Katie Lio, happy to have her on the board.

2 Likes

Thank you, that was very impressive. They are all very good people and we should have every confidence in them.
Interesting to hear how important the VFL side is to Essendon. Its big for me.
The facilties development.
The women’s team ambitions.
No wonder we are the greatest club in the world.

2 Likes

Another wonderful effort @CJohns

1 Like

So the take away message for us from Simon is make some farking noise at games!

4 Likes

Simon Madden went up in my estimation when I heard that. And that’s saying something.

2 Likes

I was quite happy with the Arcade Fire mention

Was a good listen. We’re lucky to have a very good mix on the board. I think back to the pre saga years when it was remote and felt very disconnected from the fan base. Xavier Campbell was spot on when he cited stability as the one of our greatest strengths.

It’s not something we should take for granted.

2 Likes

I agree. With AFLW coming into play we need a mix on the board i believe as well

Well done @CJohns, very enjoyable

1 Like

Cheers Jezz