Police question Majak Daw over 'sexual assault' incident

"AN AFL player has been questioned by police over an alleged sexual assault in 2007.

Details of the arrest came to light on Monday night but the player was actually questioned back in May.

Victoria Police said in a statement they had interviewed a 23-year-old man on 25 May, 2014 in relation to “historical sexual assault.”

“He has been released pending further enquiries,” the statement said.

"As the investigation is ongoing, no further information will be provided at this time.“

AFL.com.au has contacted the player’s club for comment.

More to come”

Hmmm. So if he’s 23 now, he would have been 16 back in 2007.

The only 23 year old’s on Essendon’s list are Kommer, Johnny Rayner and Dylan Van Unen, although Hurley would have been 23 on 25/5.

The Age have named the player

As the age have named the player and it is all over twitter, do we post it in here?

Either way, it ain't one of our players.

Regarding these historical sexual assaults, has the lady come forward to get her 15 minutes of fame and cash in or has it taken her 7 years to build up the courage to come forward? Always tricky these ones.

Has been named on all the news over here.

Wonder when we will hear from the clubs self righteous leader

As the age have named the player and it is all over twitter, do we post it in here?

Regarding these historical sexual assaults, has the lady come forward to get her 15 minutes of fame and cash in or has it taken her 7 years to build up the courage to come forward? Always tricky these ones.

For now, I'm going to assume the latter (which doesn't necessarily mean he's guilty).  This whole "all women lie about rape" trope is such rubbish.

A lot hinges on this case… It’s certainly not an ‘open and shut’ type of case.

For now, I'm going to assume the latter (which doesn't necessarily mean he's guilty).  This whole "all women lie about rape" trope is such rubbish.

??????????

Who says that?

A lot hinges on this case... It's certainly not an 'open and shut' type of case.

It will magically blow over

Nearly choked on my dinner when the news said AFL star!

Fair bit of an exaggeration

??????????

Who says that?

I thought you were implying that with the "has she come forward to get her 15 minutes of fame".  Women don't use rape to "cash in".  Maybe it didn't actually happen, but I'm pretty sure she thinks something happened to her.  I'm just sick of every time something like this happens people rushing to question the woman's motive and that she just must be lying.

Nearly choked on my dinner when the news said AFL star!
Fair bit of an exaggeration

True that.  Even VFL star is stretching it a little.

The Age have named the player

Of course they did, please blitzers  - show your colours and don't name, names here.

Of course all the networks have named him, he’s an AFL ‘star’. If it was Joe Bloggs who collects shopping trolleys it would be lucky to get two lines on page 53 of the paper. The sensationalist media make me sick.

??????????

Who says that?

I thought you were implying that with the "has she come forward to get her 15 minutes of fame".  Women don't use rape to "cash in".  Maybe it didn't actually happen, but I'm pretty sure she thinks something happened to her.  I'm just sick of every time something like this happens people rushing to question the woman's motive and that she just must be lying.

Yeah after re-reading it I can see where you got that from.

This is going to be ugly.

(And by that, I mean more so than just the alleged crime.)

Star?

I just heard a news report on ABC television that Majak Daw has been arrested on sexual assault charges.

Sounds like a frame up to me

http://bomberblitz.com/forums/index.php?/topic/1472-police-question-afl-player-over-sexual-assault-incident/

No need to name him either, don't lower yourself to the age's standards.

nothing wrong with naming him.

Channel 7 ran with the name and image. Reckon you’d be fine on that basis