Political Correctness

You could have told using advance it was an article from an American. I only started reading it because it looked like it was your own work, IT.

For balance I hope you put up an article about the pressure by US fundamentalists to stop teaching of various facts in biology e.g. evolution.

?? not sure what that has to do with this? This article is a leftie writing about other lefties, has nothing to do with your issue.

Oh and btw evolution isn’t a fact, it is a theory…but that has nothing to do with the PC discussion.

So is gravity (technically speaking)…

But creationism is a fantasy, as is intelligent design.

Unless, of course, you have time for a simulation theory…

Bolt's contention wasn't racist by the way. At least in my understanding, he was questioning a system that's setup to allow certain people to claim special treatment based on very tenuous ancestral ties. Should someone be able to label themselves aboriginal on the basis of some distant ancestor, despite the vast majority of their relatives being white and the opportunities afforded them the same as a regular white person? Does this not undermine such a system existing in the first place - one that ostensibly was created to remedy a perceived imbalance between white Australians and indigenous Australians?

He lied about so many things, about so many people, in those articles.
Knowingly.
To push an agenda based on race.
If he’d argued along the lines that you have, without completely making things up, he wouldn’t be a rightly convicted racist.

My memory may be faulty but the case revolved around his objection to people who had no discernable aboriginal appearance (i.e. professional aboriginals) receiving benefits that were aimed at aiding people living in remote communities.

From Wiki:
The articles suggested it was fashionable for “fair-skinned people” of diverse ancestry to choose Aboriginal racial identity for the purposes of political and career clout.

Ironically, the prominent Aboriginal activist Noel Pearson later stated: “The essence of indigeneity … is that people have a connection with their ancestors whose bones are in the soil. Whose dust is part of the sand. I had to come to the somewhat uncomfortable conclusion that even Andrew Bolt was becoming Indigenous because the bones of his ancestors are now becoming part of the territory.”[33

Political correctness is political correctness gone mad

Speaking of going mad I got stuck in a terrible logic loop earlier.

Less is more…

But sometimes more is less…

Less is more…

… fortunately a chesterfield sofa fell out of an eddy in the space-time continuum and knocked me senseless, thereby saving me.

Sometimes less consciousness is more…

… oh no …

Less is more…

Less is more…

… fortunately a chesterfield sofa fell out of an eddy in the space-time continuum and knocked me senseless, thereby saving me.

… oh no …

Reminds me of my least favourite idiom.
“You never know.”
Sometimes you know.

Less is more…

Less is more…

… oh no …

Reminds me of my least favourite idiom.
“You never know.”
Sometimes you know.

Or mine

"But you don’t know what you don’t know "

But sometimes you do know, what others don’t know they don’t know …

“It is what it is”

No ■■■■.

"It is what it is"

No ■■■■.

Like hakuna matata. Which is a cutesy way of saying “eh, fk it, whatever”

“just sayin”

ohrlly?

Well worth the 400k annual salary. :*

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/calls-for-samesex-marriage-bill-to-be-renamed-the-definition-of-marriage-bill/news-story/428f6c6fffe03be4d1463d9e0627aee6

EMBATTLED human rights chief Gillian Triggs is now calling for the “Same-Sex Marriage” bill to be renamed because it discriminates against people who don’t identify as a man or woman.

In a show of political correctness gone mad, the Australian Human Rights Commission (AHRC), wants it changed to the “Definition of Marriage” bill.

“The draft title of the Act unnecessarily and inaccurately excludes couples which are neither ‘the union of a man and a woman’ nor ‘same sex’,’’ the federal government agency has told a Senate ­inquiry into the bill.

“The proposed amendments to the Marriage Act would enable two people to marry irrespective of their sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or intersex status.

“This would also include couples in which one or both parties have something other than ‘male’ or ‘female’ recorded on their birth certificate.’’

What about if one partner doesn’t identify as human?

What about if one partner doesn't identify as human?

That would be the ‘■■■■■■■■■■ Bill’

Would make a fine cartoon character.

1 Like

I’ve met quite a few people masquerading as human.

Corey Bernardi in tights and a cape?

Is that him on the right?

I’ve met quite a few people masquerading as human.

McDevitt?

1 Like
You could have told using advance it was an article from an American. I only started reading it because it looked like it was your own work, IT.

For balance I hope you put up an article about the pressure by US fundamentalists to stop teaching of various facts in biology e.g. evolution.

?? not sure what that has to do with this? This article is a leftie writing about other lefties, has nothing to do with your issue.

Oh and btw evolution isn’t a fact, it is a theory…but that has nothing to do with the PC discussion.

So is gravity (technically speaking)…

After spending time in the Sage thread, I know that the theory of gravity is wrong… The earth sucks.

1 Like

I just threw up in my mouth a bit …

I just threw up in my mouth a bit …

I believe that is what the wombat said to Corey.