Political Correctness

And regarding the female hosts for a day thing from Essendon12: geez, maybe you have missed the point of it? Its a gesture to highlight there are still equality issues in the world. Regarding your statement “Why are ABC women who are amongst the most privileged women in the country in terms of salaries trying to make themselves out to be victims?”, what, are you suggesting only the poor and impoverished women should be protesting? They are far from trying to portray themselves as victims,although there’s a pretty good chance there may be pay discrepancies even there.

4 Likes

Grand final week they highlight the football.
Anzac day they normally run some specials.
Australia day ditto.

On International Women’s day they have decided to do something positive. Are you really that miserable you want to find a negative in that.There are a heap of organisations and business doing things this week to highlight Women in the workforce etc. Get a grip you miserable ■■■■■■■.

3 Likes

I really like the female pedestrian light silhouette thing.

2 Likes

Mary Poppins

What’s positive about it?

Its typical gesture politics and tokenism from the ABC. It will achieve nothing to bring about more equality for women.

Again its another case of seeming to do something rather than actually doing something. And then after tomorrow they can all go back to their 200K plus per year and pretend they are activists. What a joke.

You may be right there. Some have to make do on a paltry 200k per year instead of 225k.

What do you suggest they do instead, that’ll bring about equality for women more effectively then?

Host all their programs from Punchbowl or Dandenong and remote outback communities and have women from those areas interviewed. Then they might understand what real female disadvantage is.

Replacing a wealthy, educated male with a wealthy educated woman for a day does nothing.

How is that any less tokenistic according to your parameters?

And Trip since when did the right advocate class warfare and the politics of envy. Why don’t you respect successful women, Should they be ashamed of their success?

Well for a start there is a good chance that you would be talking to women who actually suffer from real disadvantage.
Not women who think they are victims because someone was mean to them on Twitter.

How does anyone find the energy to be angry about this?
Oh, and top sledge against the ABC.
‘They’re not rural enough. Their commitment to country Australia is shallow and tokenistic.’
How the ■■■■ do you even find so many ways to be stupid on one issue?

2 Likes

How about replying to the whole post, not one throw away line?

I’m not sure how you arrived at that.

And once again you resort to abuse instead of debating the actual topic.

For starters,

The topic of women presenters on International Women’s Day?
There’s no debate to be had on that, you ■■■■■■■ clown.
It’s like debating whether there should be a football at a ■■■■■■■ football match.

6 Likes

Again, one set of statements does not necessarily equal another.

Analogy.
My dog has 4 legs.
My cat has 4 legs.
Therefore my dog is a cat.

To clarify - I have no problem with successful women. None at all.

And again with the abuse.

But as always nothing will happen and the cycle will continue.

Thee are points there, you just choose to ignore them.
If you have a problem with this, then it is indeed you that has a problem.

By the way, as men are under-represented in the industry, we have rostered ‘all men’ shifts.
Feel free to picket.
Or tweet your mate Donald about it.