Political Correctness

Surely that’s not a big deal. Good management would just allow that person to sit out of the event.

I think a lot of these ‘problems’ come from poor management who don’t know how to handle complaints like this.

or they are too afraid to tell someone to sit out because thatd make them feel excluded, and thatd only ire the person even more?

1 Like

I think again, that’s poor management.

They don’t communicate the actual problem. If you sit down with the employee and say this is why we are doing this, these are the benefits, however if you don’t want to be apart of this for ‘x’ reason that’s okay. You will find 99 percent of people are okay with the result. Offer them to come up with a better exercise which gets the same or greater results.

What were you touching the shoulders with?

1 Like

Probably nothing to do with Pc but why the ■■■■ do people working retail who want to die inside for their whole shift except the few nutters that love it have to smile and be fake happy the whole time? Like just let them not be rude ■■■■ heads and accept it at that. Don’t need that I’m gonna kill you smile when you’re in bunnings trying to find something.

1 Like

For today’s social justice warriors, only one narrative shall be allowed. It is unquestionable. Those who dissent are guilty. The “equity and inclusion” movement, cloaked in words that sound benevolent and honorable, is a bludgeon.

So before all our SJW/PC champions on here attack me, the above was written by two “progressive-left” Professors. The piece is a very interesting and scary read. It is very concerning that our places of higher education are being pushed in this direction.

Hateful white nationalists comprise a tiny but exceedingly loud minority of people on the Right. The analogous group on the Left is the virulent social justice crowd. Those who would have us destroy Martin Luther King’s dream comprise a small but disproportionately loud minority of people on the Left. Also, we would argue that “Right” and “Left” make little sense in either of these contexts. Both fringe groups, extremists wherever they are found, are more accurately described as authoritarian.

What of Martin Luther King’s dream? Why are we being advised by the social justice crowd that we shall not focus on the content of our character, but instead must focus primarily on the color of our skin (and our gender identification, sexual orientation, and various other signifiers of intersectional oppression)? This would be MLK’s nightmare. Why is it being handed a megaphone?

1 Like

Going from the banking sector to the health sector…was an experience.
Banking, I mean the culture is just overpoweringly Do Not Touch.
And then working with nurses…they’re just very touchy-feely.
Hugs and stroking shoulders and backs and…
And after fifteen years of banking I was internally screaming, ‘Not Appropriate! Unwanted touching!’
But I know, knew, there’s nothing in it.
I was never going to complain, because I knew it was just me being stupid and the last thing I would want to do is make a fuss over someone who was trying to be nice.

I’m still not sure how to feel about that.
I’m not sure if it’s in any way relevant to women in a male-dominated workplace.

1 Like

Lol, no.
Nazi does not equal SJW.
Not to say extreme left isn’t scary. It is.
They disgust me.

But they’re not in any context whatseover, comparable.

Edit: authoritarian ■■■■■■■ lol.
You know what? Mentally, sure. In their words, sure.
Let me know when they start marching in military paraphenalia with symbols of institutionalised torture and death.
If you don’t like their particular brand of bullshit on facebook, friggin’ block them.

1 Like

I got some people at work that love invading personal space.

Whens our next meeting?

Watching Full Metal Jacket on SBS at the moment…not what I would call Politically Correct

1 Like

Gee Petal… Is that a sensitive subject or something? Did you even read the article?

Why make a comparison between Nazis and SJWs?

The author didn’t mention Nazis, but he did describe the Authoritarian practices of violence and threats used to silence people and to get their way. I am sure we both agree that the idiots
“marching in military paraphenalia with symbols of institutionalised torture and death” are just that, idiots, and should not be allowed to parade that crap around, but if you can’t see that the actions that the College SJWs and groups like ANTIFA and BLM use are Authoritarian and just as much a danger to our society then we have no hope do we.

You like to bang on about the Alt-Right, but refuse to see the “Alt-Left” being used far more often than any activity from the “other side”.

And what is the Facebook jibe even about? I am not on the Facespace.

You need to take your chill pills, Sunshine.

Ah, what a pity your bullshit can’t be blocked…

4 Likes

It’s lovely that you think I’m a petal.

But pick up your bottom lip before you trip over it.

1 Like

watching wim and WP in the politics threads are something.

1 Like

please, do go on…

I spent my very first 3 paychecks on that ■■■■■■ game…

1 Like

Really?

Too early in the day?

1 Like

Saints, the lot of them.

1 Like

You mean the comments about “all n- must f- hang!” or “little yellow sister”?

If you make films about the past, sanitising it is wrong.

4 Likes