Political Correctness

Should someone who has a PHD in biology be forced to use a particular gender pronoun simply because someone chooses to identify in a particular way?

On a human level I understand that the polite thing to do is to respect the person you’re having a conversation with and refer to them in the manner they prefer. Breaking a social norm would be incredibly challenging. Suicide rates amongst trans people is terribly high.

Hypothetically what in that example if that contradicts the years of study and science of the Biologist?
Isn’t it somewhat insulting to someone who has an alternate view based on a lifetime of study and science.

That’s fair enough.

Really disappointing, you taking that tack. They are a minority that have been spoken of by whitey in derogatory terms forever. That
's how it is the same. I am not drawing any other comparisons and I will not be debating it any further. I am implying nothing that’s outrageous or stupid and really, I need to get out and repair the slasher, as it’s not raining for the moment.

No worries.
I was with you until that point, it just seemed a really odd thing to say.
Enjoy the slashing.

Cool

The issue is with people who actively refuse to use pronouns that transgendered folk have politely asked them to use.

I’d bet a large amount of money and/or sex acts that biology PhDs would possess enough empathy to not do that.

3 Likes

Except that if we are using the term gender it wouldn’t in any way contradict what a biologist has ever been taught.

4 Likes

I think they aren’t so much offended by people accidentally using the wrong pronoun, as they are offended by the people who refuse to use their preferred pronoun.

3 Likes

That’s it, in its simplest form this argument is based on who’s feels their rights are more important than the other.

People can think it’s one person being a ■■■■, ignorant or inconsiderate, whatever,

Fundamentally it’s one person thinking their rights are more important than another persons.

If a person respectfully asks you to accept they are peanut butter and you don’t, you shouldn’t be subject to some sort of law, you’re free to think what ever you want. But you don’t deserve respect in return.

Even simpler, if person wants to be a ■■■■, expect to be treated like one.

7 Likes

It’s basically denial of transgender experience and of transpeoples existence, which is a similar way in which homosexual people were treated once upon a time - when they were told that they weren’t gay they were either choosing to be ‘different’ or they were mentally ill.

1 Like

Sorry I’ve been caught up in an LNP conference - when did that change?

1 Like

Be nice to people.

4 Likes

Don’t be a ■■■■, it’s not very difficult.

3 Likes

See I reckon you can be a ■■■■, but know if you act like one, then you’ll be treated as such.

1 Like

I am an old baby boomer white guy. I know many gay, lesbian and transgender people. My son married an indigenous girl, so now I know many indigenous Aussies and two of them are my grand-kids.

But I have no farking idea how they feel when they are abused and slurred by dikkheads like some posting here. I know how I feel when I have seen my daughter in law racially abused, and I know how I feel when friends have called poofters and worse. I feel sick for them and hate for the perpetrators, but I will never know how they feel.

If we all cared for each other, then there is no issue.

6 Likes

It goes both ways of course.
Don’t be mean to people who are trying to be nice.

2 Likes

It’s why I have issues with most vegans, they never nicely tell me I’m a murder

1 Like

They call you a group of Crows??

Barstards!!

4 Likes

My personal philosophy is that everyone bleeds red blood so we are all equal unless an individual proves, through their own actions, that they are not deserving of being treated equally.

(Except farkcarlton supporters obviously)

2 Likes