Political Correctness

Victims of political correctness =
people that enforce opinions or tell others how they should live. Then get offended because they’ve been told to shut the f*ck up, because they’re denigrating the rights of others.

5 Likes

It’s not so hard, is it?

“Don’t be a ■■■■”

That’s the summary of our section 16c, and the Canadian equivalent (C-16)

Instead of discriminating against that transgender, indigenous or homosexual person, or publishing derogatory statements about them - don’t.

“Help! I’m being oppressed!!”

1 Like

The Canadian Section 318 makes it illegal to commit genocide against identifiable groups - identifiable groups now including transgender or other genders.

“Help!! I’m being oppressed!”

2 Likes

It could be argued that FCFC supporters are deserving of our sympathy. Just look at all the misery they have been inflicted with.

On second thoughts… nah it’s self-inflicted, so we can wish them a gender-neutral fark Carlton.

1 Like

The fact is, when you get called out… don’t take offence.

Everyone has subconscious bias.

This week I had a work colleague ask me,
“why do you only ask the boys to help you with jobs?”

I honestly had no idea. It wasn’t until it got pointed out that I recognised it.

I politely said “oh thanks for pointing it out, I actually had no idea that I was doing that.”

It’s not about being offended. it’s simply that I need to recondition the subconscious gender roles that I have learned. Easy. It then means that the girls have an equal opportunity to learn. It’s the subconscious beleifs that need to be pointed out.

5 Likes

“Hi, my names Ben”

“Nah ■■■■ you, don’t force me to label yet something I’m not comfortable with”

1 Like

This guy is pretty good at being a ■■■■ though entitled to his bullshit opinion and can express it openly.

I don’t consider it hate speech that he should be arrested for, though I wouldn’t choose to be friends with him.

Exactly, it cuts both ways. He’s trolling and disrespecting the people behind him.

It’s also possible to be friends with someone and not share their views on everything. It’s part of what makes life interesting.

2 Likes

Agree. Healthy debate helps us learn/grow.

Unless of course they support FCFC.

Jono has made the best point here, you can inadvertently say or do something that is now considered politically incorrect with no intent to offend.

But if you had no malicious intent and you recognise why someone finds it unfair, then you’ve done nothing wrong.

No reasonable person whould have issue with that I don’t think.

We don’t learn anything if we don’t talk about it.

If that girl hand not pointed that out there would be no opportunity to learn.

But there needs to be respect.

And there was.

People who complain about 18c or c-16 are doing it from a position of wanting to remove the respect from the discussion.

The way I see It, those laws are there or should be to enforce respect is taken when these discussions are had.

Or you end up with an Alan Jones in a woodpile situation

3 Likes

That bloke disrespects my ears. That looks like it was recorded about 3AM on a Tuesday.

2 Likes

Lol yep, didnt look like he picked the most impactful time of the day for his protest lol.

I’m confused who the people are who want to be called other than he/she… are they transgender/transitioning? What actually are they?

Generally, transitioning or intersex.
Generally.
But the point is, if you’re not reasonably sure, ask, rather than assume.

(And don’t commit genocide)

4 Likes

Does it matter?

If I want to identify as an asparagus, does that impact you in any way? Other than you thinking it’s a bit weird I want to be considered a vegetable I don’t like?

1 Like

I like asparagus, but I don’t like you…nor have I since you stuffed that Justin Murphy player card in my pocket.

3 Likes

Benfti doesn’t make your ■■■■ smell weird if you have too much of him.

At the end of the day, probably not. But it’d help in making the request easier to understand

Well it is a rather silly name, reckon should call yourself jam or jam on .

No. Not at all.

But if I’m the Australian government issuing a passport, for example, and in the box that asks what sex you are and you enter “Asparagus”, then I can imagine the Australian government having a problem, as well as any country you attempt to enter as an asparagus.

4 Likes