Political Correctness

Mrs CB makes 20% more than me, and probs 3 times what I was making at her age (as a mature age uni student).
Should be a poll

This is actually a real thing. The opposite anyway.

The bamboo ceiling, similar to the glass ceiling Asian people are underrepresented in higher ranks.

Lots of studies show Asian people are less likely to be interviewed for roles based purely on their name. Remove names from CV’s and they get through the screening process at a higher rate than if the name was stil there.

1 Like

Probably doesn’t happen because you need to show profit 3 years every 5

Then don’t complain when they charge you 1.8% to cover their merchant fee

Alot can happen in those 3 years, some people might get 3 promotions in that time

That’s an Australian thing, yeah?

In the US, Asian Americans have the highest average income of any racial group. My 10 secs of Google research shows that we haven’t released figures for that here yet.

It’s quite possible they have the highest average income here too, with your thing also being true.

1 Like

In the US it’s the same if you have a “black” name

1 Like

I don’t.
When shopping, I’m after quality at a fair price, not cheapness above all. Despite the impression I have apparently made on you…

It’s definitely a thing in Australia.

I suppose like a lot of this stuff its complicated even more so when you focus on averages.

They very well could earn more on average but still face institutional difficulties that “white” people do not face.

On the plus side Asians in Australia have either immigrated themselves with/for higher education training or the children of people that have done this previously who then bring their children up to value education. Thus on average an Asian person is more likely to be a doctor, lawyer, accountant, engineer or IT professional. So on average they earn more than white Australians because they are more likely to have higher education and in the professional classes.

However if you compared it on an individual basis say a Lawyer, that same Asian person would be less likely to be promoted or have the same income as a White Australian due to bias and disadvantage of being Asian. Just there is dozens of unskilled white Australians that bring the average $ down of the white lawyer.

The Asians you see at the connivence store, driving ubers and uber eats are generally students. So we should compare them to working part time in a cafe or pub(other student jobs) not think they are earning way less than a proper full time job.

1 Like

Yep, with you on all that.

As stated, I was just highlighting the futility of comparing a single variable.

Dig deeper, and the real story starts to appear.

2 Likes

Yeah totally agree, the argument often centres around these hard $ averages and whether it is true or not. Which doesn’t really show much.

The interesting part is pulling it back and seeing why.

1 Like

You know people that pay 80k for a hilux?

You know some pretty stupid people

1 Like

No.

I know people who have a company that pays 80k for a Hilux.

4 Likes

If you don’t reckon there’s tradies rorting tens of thousands off cash-in-hand work, that the ATO never know about, you must be walking around blindfolded. other sef employed folks too, but the tradies are the obvious one that I see a lot of.

I see.
You know some pretty smart companies then

A mate of Mrs P is a beutician who - theoretically - works one night a week out of her front room. There’s always a bowl of cash on top of her fridge with a few grand in it. (Address available on request)

Another guy we know is an “unsuccessful” odd job home handyman. puts about $2k a month - in cash - through the TAB.

It’s rife. They’re not offering you 20% off a quote for cash out of the goodness of their hearts.

This is a good video. I think PragerU have a few too, but I think they’re dickheads with other things, Hoff Sommers is more reliable.

2 Likes

I was going to go out as a consultant on my own once cause a mate was just raking it in, with the perks of legal tax avoidance.
I had just registered my business name when my mate went overboard with that kind of stuff like claiming your near going belly up when he actually did go belly up.
I was going to pull out when I learnt about insurances and crap. And trying to extract money out of clients, especially the ones who you do a “cashie” for.
I never had a mrs that had cash in a bowl though. Keys maybe but never a bowl.

Mankind as a race of human beings has seldom been kind - look around you. I’m not saying everyone is unkind however where the decisions which affect everyone and the consequences and the effects of those decisions doesn’t happen nearly enough.

TOLERANCE AND ACCEPTANCE.

We need a shake up, we need to learn how to stop blaming someone else or something else and start taking some responsibility for our own speech and actions.
That would be a good start to a better world.

1 Like

Have we done any analysis on red heads, left handers and blokes with unibrows to determine if there is pay inequality there as well?

1 Like