Political Correctness

I bet that is why you are so popular with all your staff.

Currently barefoot,never doing the pregnant thing again.

5 Likes

Bugman5 cooked dinner tonight :wink:

6 Likes

And did a mighty fine job of it too.

2 Likes

I get on very well with most of my staff but itā€™s not my main priority. I look after myself first and foremost and then reward the staff loyal to me.

Like a monarch, really.

3 Likes

Or Trump.

2 Likes

Not really. There are dozens of levels higher than me in our company food chain.
If I was in charge there would be a hell of a lot more firings. Management is too soft at times

My mate works for a large international company that is heavy industry/male dominated and the latest intake of production workers was 12 females. He reckons that has thrown the cat amongst the pigeons. Lots of grumbling about how they couldnā€™t have possibly been the best 12 for the job, especially when it is rumoured a couple have come from retail & hospitality backgrounds.

I myself donā€™t mind it because Iā€™m sure in the last 60 years of the business plenty of suitably qualified women would have been overlooked due to their gender.

1 Like

Master and Servant
Lucky we have Trade Unions and Fair Work Australia

3 Likes

Unlimited Annual Leave policies.

These things are a fraud. If your company suggests them. Change companies.

How is it supposed to operate ?

Too good to be true.

Iā€™m a servant these days, more money and less risk.

itā€™s a psych play.

the reason is this, lets say you took a good 3 months off instead.

your annual performance review discussion centers around well Baccus. you took 3 months and now I wonder about your commitment or value to the company.

it basically breaks the established social contract at work. that if you put in x amount of work a year you have earnt x amount a year time off.
(in most of the west, 4 weeks paid vacation)

the reason why its popular with companies. is that numerous HR studies have shown employees take LESS holidays as a result of being offered it.(tends to normalize at about 3 weeks per year).

I think you forgo your right to accumulate more than 4 weeks vacation time each year as a result.
(leave accumulation becomes a thing of the past, also reducing liability on the balance sheet)

Its largely popular in the USA in tech companies where they really want staff working as hard as possible to ship product ASAP.

Still donā€™t get itā€¦Iā€™m guessing unlimited is a furphy then?

This is pet of the problem. If the staff arenā€™t helped through the change, it will raise these issues. And at the same time the new recruits wonā€™t have the best chance at success.

Itā€™s great companies trying to do the right thing, but itā€™s headed for diasaster if they think itā€™s simolybrecruit some women and expect it to sort itself out.

2 Likes

That Iā€™d go to church for

You two need to stop sharing passwords.

1 Like

it removes your entitlement.

google ā€œunlimited leave psychologyā€ and fill your boots.

you can find academic papers on the subject of leave.

unlimited sick leave and an increase to the amount of paid annual leave days I would support.

Tackling perceived or possible past injustice with actual & planned injustice now.

1 Like