Political Correctness

Also, and this isn’t directed at anyone in particular but the reason I think the political correctness argument is stupid is because it’s just a ■■■■■■■ match to see who feels their sensibilities deserve to be protected the most.

Answer: all of you and none of you.

Exactly, and the sooner they realise they are being a ■■■■■■■■ then the better off we all are.

At the risk of seeming holier than thou and oh so centrist…

I’ll listen to sensible argument from the right.
And I’ll say this, sometimes right supporters are their own worst enemies.
It’s like the Mistral sales rep said to me, you’re only as good as your fans.

I’ve seen YouTubes titled X TOTALLY DESTROYS Y, in what is actually an intelligent, respectful discussion between opposing viewpoints.
And I have a wealth of respect for the people on the video, but the guy (you know it was a guy, right?) who posted it is an absolute ■■■■.

But anyway, there are lefties who make me more than cringe.
They’re seeking to be offended (just like the ■■■■ in the men vs women video…like that has to be an actual zero sum battle).
‘I’m literally crying.’
■■■■ off.
You can run a Vietnamese restaurant if you’re Swedish AND you can call it Asian if you want to.
And btw, you’re neither Vietnamese, nor Swedish. Oh, you’re Asian-American?
LOL!

1 Like

This is actually a super valid point you raise, and your right, look at how people hung James Hird out to dry. But I don’t think this has as much to do with politics correctness as it does with people having poor critical thinking abilities.

People hung out Hird to dry because they didn’t like him, or didn’t like Essendon, not because they looked at the facts or considered the nuances. This has nothing to do with politics, it has everything to do with confirmation bias, the only link to left/right here is the people ( I got to stop saying dickheads) who feel they need to align all their opinions with their politics and form their biases accordingly.

I actually feel this debate about how policital correctness impacts the court of social opinion actually hinders peoples ability to gain proper critical analysis of any situation because all the generalising muppets jump in with the loudest voices first.

2 Likes

Exactly, they are both as bad as each other. Why is it so impossible to let solid logic be the formation societal conscience?

I think it’s perfectly logical to accept calling someone a darky is going to upset someone who is of colour. Don’t do that.

It’s also perfectly logical for a Swedish guy making food from Asia to call it Asian food.

It’s these polical correctness yes and no ______________ who are stoping that from happening.

I don’t know why anyone cares what some greasy 13 year old posts on YouTube tbh. It’s all garbage. YouTube has become a cesspool.

2 Likes

Right?

Liberal policy, even in this current Government is not fascist.

I gather you are emotional about many things, but I would contend that since 2013, Abbott/Turnbull/Morrison governments are characterised by incompetence and a total lack of actually governing.

I think it was George Orwell who said during WWII that the term fascist is meaningless and should be replaced by bully.

1 Like

I can live with that, they are definitely bullying.

I think it’s time for an unsolicited YouTube video

I read this yesterday and it’s timely to this discussion. A very good, albeit long look at anger in politics.

Not the usual cliche/take an anger, rather it outlines that’s its normal, ways it’s being manipulated by both sides and approaches to deal with it are surprising.

What do the political correcters and incorrectors think about this?

1 Like

My distaste for the 3rd wave feminism and Marxism pale in comparison to this ■■■■■■ heinous and utterly disgusting crap. Unforgivable in today’s society, regardless of ones opinions of religion.

3 Likes

I think it’s fine. Each and every one of the hundreds of thousands are terrorists, aren’t they?

4 Likes

Every political party has " fascist " tendencies, but none of the major ones in this country come even remotely close to actually being “fascist” in a real sense. Thankfully.

Its just a derogatory label thrown about.

4 Likes

Not in the traditional sense no, I’m not suggesting that Scomo is Mussolini but I’ll say it again, I think the LNP have facist ideologies, specifically, the bill making it illegal to protest agains the government, the whistle blower laws, the ICAC not being given accesss to the encryption keys. Suppression of opposing views is a key pilar or facism, and they do that a lot.

There is a book called the anatomy of facism where it describes facist behavior in government as a “form of political behavior marked by obsessive preoccupation with community decline, humiliation, or victimhood and by compensatory cults of unity, energy, and purity, in which a mass-based party of committed nationalist militants, working in uneasy but effective collaboration with traditional elites”

Does that not sound like the current climate of anti immigration and collaboration with the far right of the LNP and PHON to you?

It does to me.

1 Like

It sounds to me like an author that could do with a full stop or two! I mean, I’m quite capable of overly verbose paragraphs but sheesh…

On topic, I personally have always thought that one side labelling the other in Aus politics as fascist or Stalinist or whatever is ridiculous. Because the same effective actions are used by both. Every Government try to squash opposing views, every government tries to control the message. Hell, even the Greens would definitely impose their ideology on the populace if they could - that is after all the nature of our political system. They’re all totalitarian in a sense - except they’re also not. Not here, at least.

I agree that the current Gov actions you mentioned are troubling. But are they “fascist” or “commie Mao” ? In and of themselves they’re methods that apply to both, and the reality is that we actually look at other things to decide which label to append to it.

I’ve posted before that imo the entire left/right thing is stupid. Go far enough either way and its obvious they’re both slightly differing roads to the same batshit crazy genocidal destination. Even down to the same population manipulation methods.

What we’ve actually done as a system is dehumanise virtually every topic down to an abstract issue that allows individuals to detach themselves from the reality of the decision making. “Political correctness” is just another two edge sword that both helps and hinders a push for true liberalism of thought.

Anyway, I really shouldn’t get involved in these threads.

5 Likes

The state government just won by building roads, building public transport, focusing on health and education.

The culture wars are meant to divide and distract. Not many cultural issues should be focused on by the government to the extent they are, just govern.

1 Like

I agree. Kill the rich!

I’m not rich.

But I have got a $20m Powerball ticket for tomorrow night, so I’ve got that going for me.