Political Correctness

The only thing that should be outlawed is Happy Christmas.

Its Merry Christmas you halfwit.

Merry holidays?

Anyway, isn’t Christmas Pagan?

Yup, It was.

The Romans just co opted the Christmas thing to the pagan festivals to bring them on board after they adopted Christianity. Same with Easter for their Equinox/beginning of spring rituals.

So, Merry Saturnalia everybody!!

Saturnalia seems awesome. Lots of inebriation, singing naked in the streets and wanton acts of fornication.

Might give the raping and human sacrifice a miss, though…

Glass half empty sort of Blitzer eh?

“Fark youse all” goes well too I think.

It'd be pretty scary if that person had just openly abused you to then publicly shame them.

And it either means you know them or have a photo of them.

I’d suggest it would be as meaningful as a group text to friends.

These recordings of racists rants that are all over the web are usually not taken by the victim, they are taken by someone else. Who then sends it to the media, or puts it on Facebook or twitter. It’s how things go viral. If they have committed a crime often the police will get involved.

Wait… so instead of having a law that protects people from public abuse where they can submit a written notification of their complaint to a complaints body, we should put a video of the event that some random took on their phone onto the internet and make it go viral so the police will then charge them? Because that’s easier? Not so sure.

No.
You said "It’d be pretty scary if that person had just openly abused you to then publicly shame them. And it either means you know them or have a photo of them. "
I said "These recordings of racists rants that are all over the web are usually not taken by the victim, they are taken by someone else. Who then sends it to the media, or puts it on Facebook or twitter. "

Then “If they have committed a crime often the police will get involved.”

Get that bit “If they have committed a crime”
Could be any type of crime.

What I didn’t say was "we should put a video of the event that some random took on their phone onto the internet and make it go viral so the police will then charge them? Because that’s easier? "
Never said that at all. You did.

If a crime has been committed you can report it or not as you please.

I just don’t believe offending someone should be a crime.

You said all that stuff. Read back.

And you thought it was easier. You said that too.

I think you’re seriously underestimating what it takes to have a successful case against someone in the HRC.

And to add to that, it’s a case again of the ones being worried about the rules being the ones that might offend.

Often the presence of a camera, and the knowledge that their abusive comments are being recorded is enough to make the ranters, back off. Why is that? Because they realize they have been doing something wrong, and are being called on it, a little guilt mechanism kicks in, whether the recording ends up on social media or not. that is another issue.

You can always say this;

and if people get offended tell them you’re just quoting a movie.

Pfft, happy holidays boolsheet. The left can take their get-rid-of-Christainty agenda and fark right off. I am not Christian, nor do I really care for it but have we really reached a point where we can't say Merry Christmas, for fear of offending those that don't celebrate Christmas?

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

FFS! You are not a christian but you have a strenuous objection to people not using the traditional christian term. It’s not the whole world, it’s a few people. I’d say it’s you with the problem. Well, either that or you really are a christian but for some reason lack the testicles to say so. Get a kitten and relax.

Nah, I’m not a Christian but a stickler for tradition. You’re right, it’s not the whole world but it’s the world that I live in, and I don’t agree with not saying Merry Christmas. As for the kitten, good news Reboot, I got two kittens a month ago - Henry and Tommy.

Maybe you should have called them Cain and Abel.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS.

Pfft, happy holidays boolsheet. The left can take their get-rid-of-Christainty agenda and fark right off. I am not Christian, nor do I really care for it but have we really reached a point where we can't say Merry Christmas, for fear of offending those that don't celebrate Christmas?

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

FFS! You are not a christian but you have a strenuous objection to people not using the traditional christian term. It’s not the whole world, it’s a few people. I’d say it’s you with the problem. Well, either that or you really are a christian but for some reason lack the testicles to say so. Get a kitten and relax.

Nah, I’m not a Christian but a stickler for tradition. You’re right, it’s not the whole world but it’s the world that I live in, and I don’t agree with not saying Merry Christmas. As for the kitten, good news Reboot, I got two kittens a month ago - Henry and Tommy.

Maybe you should have called them Cain and Abel.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS.

You’re an evil man Mr Mendozaaa.

Have a Cool Yule

Even IF he existed, it’s not even his real birthday.

"Fark youse all" (-BSD) goes well too I think.

Fixed to keep up to date!

Merry Happy!

כולם חנוכה שמח

Happy Hanukkah everybody

אוי ואבוי

Have a nice Sunday everyone.

Even IF he existed, it's not even his real birthday.

forget about it, not worth it

Even IF he existed, it's not even his real birthday.

As real as the Phantom or Mandrake !

Merry Christmas Blitz*.

(*If you don’t believe in it or don’t like the term, then this wasn’t to you)

Merry Christmas all.
And BSD :wink:

The only thing that should be outlawed is Happy Christmas.

Its Merry Christmas you halfwit.

Merry holidays?

Anyway, isn’t Christmas Pagan?

Yup, It was.

The Romans just co opted the Christmas thing to the pagan festivals to bring them on board after they adopted Christianity. Same with Easter for their Equinox/beginning of spring rituals.

So, Merry Saturnalia everybody!!

Saturnalia seems awesome. Lots of inebriation, singing naked in the streets and wanton acts of fornication.

Might give the raping and human sacrifice a miss, though…

There’s a Reformist born every minute, always trying to change the good old ways.

"... of African appearance" - as which co-incidentally commonly appears in Victoria media crime reports.

Didn’t read much in this thread, but being deaf, I’ll point out that it is important to us that we are called deaf or hard of hearing because we simply do not like the term ‘hearing impaired’.

I understand that the majority continues to use the term because it sounds politically correct but in fact it’s the other way around.

As for what I’ve read re merry xmas - I’d just say merry xmas and happy holidays - no need to be exclusive. If you know someone personally who doesn’t celebrate Christmas, you can just say “happy holidays” or “enjoy your summer break”. If you didn’t know, they’d usually say thanks and carry on. No need to sweat over this “issue” imo.

You could have told using advance it was an article from an American. I only started reading it because it looked like it was your own work, IT.

For balance I hope you put up an article about the pressure by US fundamentalists to stop teaching of various facts in biology e.g. evolution.

?? not sure what that has to do with this? This article is a leftie writing about other lefties, has nothing to do with your issue.

Oh and btw evolution isn’t a fact, it is a theory…but that has nothing to do with the PC discussion.

So is gravity (technically speaking)…

You could have told using advance it was an article from an American. I only started reading it because it looked like it was your own work, IT.

For balance I hope you put up an article about the pressure by US fundamentalists to stop teaching of various facts in biology e.g. evolution.

?? not sure what that has to do with this? This article is a leftie writing about other lefties, has nothing to do with your issue.

Oh and btw evolution isn’t a fact, it is a theory…but that has nothing to do with the PC discussion.

So is gravity (technically speaking)…

But creationism is a fantasy, as is intelligent design.

1 Like